TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well on my 93 3.8L over my passenger side valve cover right under my intake tube there is a metal section of pipe that carries antifreeze with what appears to be sensor screwed into it.

anyone know the name of that section of pipe? mine seems ot have rusted a pin hole size just enough to leak and needs to be replaced.

would i need to go to Ford for it? our would NAPPA/Autozone/Advance Auto Parts carry it?

thanks guys
Dean

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
I know exactly what you're talking about, but I doubt you will get one new.
It's a coolant crossover tube and I had to get one from the junk yard.
Dealer said it was a non wearing item and it's discontinued.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
i think i may have one from my 94 if you're interested

·
Registered
26 Posts
That tube was around in 86 on the CFI 3.8. In fact, there were two of them, one on each side of the 123 valve cover. And yes, those non-wearing items started leaking like a seive on my 3.8 too. I deleted them completely, and just ran rubber hose all the way to the heater.

You said, however, that yours has a sensor in it? This, I would have to see. The ECT is normally in a tee on or near the t-stat housing, but yes, it is in the heater core plumbing. I'm curious if Ford moved it on different makes of the 3.8. I didn't even notice where the ECT was on my son's 90 model.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
You can just leave the wire disconnected.
It's for the auto-climate control so the blower wont blow full blast if the engine isn't hot enough to produce heat.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
would there be a way to maybe weld it? anyone know how thick the metal is, i was thinking maybe taking it off, snading and cleaing it then maybe weld it.

otherwise, yes i was thinking of replacinf it with a seciont of tube, but then i saw the sensor attached.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts