TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I think I found the culprit of my a/c having to be on to make the fan stay on high so that the car doesnt heat up, (its a brass sensor with a black pigtail?). Auto zone doesnt seem to even have this part in there system, Then keep trying to give me some brass fitting with a gret connector that is the wrong shape.

The one that is in there is round inside and out with a flat edge on one side and has round pins, the one they say it is, is grey and rectangular with two flat blade type pins not round ones. Anybody ever have an issue getting this part? Or know of a place that stocks it? Thanks in advance for any help, Jon.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah ok thanks, Ill tell them 94 and see if they come up with the right part lol because when I say 95 thats what I get.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
get it from Ford solve that problem .... 978 353 2000 ask for John in parts;)

·
Banned
13 Posts
Autozone calls it a temperature switch. You can search their website which claims it's a normal store stock part but I didn't have any luck at mine. (Guy REFUSED to search for "temperature" switch, kept trying "coolant switch" or misc sensors etc... in hindsight I don't think he knew how to spell temperature and didn't want to look dumb.)

At least, I think that's what you're talking about.

·
Registered
647 Posts
yup, it's a temperature switch. Definately have autozone check it, the guy here was a complete idiot, and wouldnt look for it when i told him exactly what it was! I went back with a part number (TU25) then the other guy looked it right up for me under "temperature switch" and lone behold it brought it up! The guy even told me that the guy who looked it up for me is a complete idiot. The 1st guy kept tellin me "i dont know what to tell you man, it's not comin up, sorry." Idiots!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Hahah yea, sometimes I wish I could jump over the counter and find the damn part my self lol.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have done that... hehe...

I now look the parts up online when I can and come in with a list of part #'s and have them fetch for me... I don't let them look at the 'puters unless they think it is outta stock.

Dan

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, Im going to try and pick it up today hopefully I can find one. I don't want to go to ford because I hate giving them money at dealers lol.

I just looked up that part # but thats not the one im looking for, I replaced that one already that one controls the gauge in the dash. The one Im looking for goes on the passanger side front of the block. Thanks for the input though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts