TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm getting parts together for the pi intake , does that tube under intake go directly to the heater core? Can i plug the hose at the water pump nipple and not buy the new tube? I live in florida and my heater core has been capped off . down here we don't replace them we cap them off.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
the PI pipe comes out around the back of the passenger side head, IIRC. Just run a hose from that to the nipple on your intake. heater core bypass is pretty common here in TX too.
-Rob

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i collecting parts i trying to find out if i can get away with not buying the new pi tube and just cap it off behind the water pump

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I did a PI intake swap recently and found a single molded hose that runs from the back of the water pump to all the way to the rear of the intake. I wrapped it in another hose for protection and it worked great. The hose made an immediate 90* after the nipple then another 90* by the intake mating surface towards the rear, the rest was straight I believe. It was a really long hose. Seems like you'll have to cut the stock nipple down so the hose can make its turn before the intake. Just some more ideas. :(

It seems like it would disrupt flow somewhat to just cap it off. I think I would shy away from that, but i have seen people do it on other cars. Does anyone have good info on this?
-Rob

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
the PI coolant tube routes the pipe along the side of the block valley instead of down the center. running down the center risks crushing it under the runners

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
$109? wtf.. it used to be like $18 or 23

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
And I just used high grade heater hose for mine from the nipple right back to the inlet for the heater coil

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
still not getting question answered , if i don't use a my heater do i have to install the tube or can i cap it at the pump. if sombody can answer that please do i want to start wednesday

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't cap the one off the back of the water pump and the one at the back of the intake manifold. Many people add a water valve on one of the hoses to stop hot water flow to the heater core, I haven't on this car but have on others.

And recently I am pretty sure that our own market place Ford vendor sells the coolant tube for under 30 and the nipple for around 8 bucks.

Even though I live in the desert I couldn't go without the heater, but we likely have more of a winter than you do (we hit 32 degrees like 4 times this winter, overnight).

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
the PI coolant tube routes the pipe along the side of the block valley instead of down the center. running down the center risks crushing it under the runners
Theres no risk lol it crushes everytime lol

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
still not getting question answered , if i don't use a my heater do i have to install the tube or can i cap it at the pump. if sombody can answer that please do i want to start wednesday
If your heater core is capped off. There really isn't any reason you couldn't cap the tube. Just use something high quality so that it doesn't spring a leak and make you do all the work over again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts