TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my cooler, I know where I want to mount it (no I will not "cheese out," why does he say that anyway?) and I have my splash sheild off of the front of my car, since I am placing it right underneath the power steering cooler.

I was wanting to ask could someone describe to me exactly how or where I splice the lines into the transmission? Also where exactly are the lines that I need to splice (oil return line, and any others I don't know about). :2huh:

Pictures would be extremely helpful!

Also, is the car in any danger with the splash sheild off? My grandfather sayz no... Just wanted to make sure..

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,917 Posts
No photo of my set up, unfortunately, but I didn't have to cut any OEM transmission fluid line with the way I connected the cooler.

I disconnected the top transmission fluid line from the driver's side of the radiator, slid the transmission cooler hose over the end of the tube, and used an extra-wide hose clamp to secure the hose. As for the hose-to-radiator, I got the correct size barbed fitting, screwed it into the connector on the radiator, and secured the hose with a hose clamp.

This page has a photo which shows a connection very similar to what I did.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IronChopz said:
No photo of my set up, unfortunately, but I didn't have to cut any OEM transmission fluid line with the way I connected the cooler.

I disconnected the top transmission fluid line from the driver's side of the radiator, slid the transmission cooler hose over the end of the tube, and used an extra-wide hose clamp to secure the hose. As for the hose-to-radiator, I got the correct size barbed fitting, screwed it into the connector on the radiator, and secured the hose with a hose clamp.

This page has a photo which shows a connection very similar to what I did.
I thought the hoses weren't supposed to rub against each other? Isn't he risking a possibilty of a break or leak?

·
8,239 Posts
just get a tube cutter, and cut the top hardline a few inches from the fitting. Then plumb your cooler inline with that.

I would use some ss hoses, the rubber doesn't do it for me anymore.

Then use two hose clamps on each side of the connection to keep mr. leak from starting.

I use fuel injection clamps because they don't back out like a regular hose clamp.

Zip tie your tranny cooler to the a/c condensor, I won't tell anyone.

JH

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JustinH said:
just get a tube cutter, and cut the top hardline a few inches from the fitting. Then plumb your cooler inline with that.

I would use some ss hoses, the rubber doesn't do it for me anymore.

Then use two hose clamps on each side of the connection to keep mr. leak from starting.

I use fuel injection clamps because they don't back out like a regular hose clamp.

Zip tie your tranny cooler to the a/c condensor, I won't tell anyone.

JH
I already got my splash sheild off, and I really don't even know how to zip tie it to the A/C condenser (it looks a little cramped from the A/C condenser to the radiator...)!

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
you're fine with no splash shield, it's always in the way when you need to work on the car. Also, IMO I'd avoid using zipties, as they are a b***h to get off once you put them on. I screwed up cutting one off and put a nice leak in my A/C condenser...doesn't matter though...I just deleted the A/C altogether.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts