TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, yesterday on the why home from work the cooling fan took a $h_t.
Luckly I got to the Target parking lot, [there's a Pep boys about a half mile away].
I pop the hood and the fan is smokin so I get the tool kit and remove the batt... cable and the fan shroud. As I lock the car for my walk it starts to rain.
As I trek to Pep boys it turns into a down pour with hellish lightning.
Do I run to Pep boys? Hell no; give it to me!!! Go ahead you can't scare me.
I'm married, I've been through my childrens births, and my wifes lack of pain killers during the delivery. You can't scare me! so I thought.
So I finally get to Pep boys soak an _uckin wet. Just as I get under the awning in front of the store the hair stands up on the back of my neck and CRACK a bolt of lightning strikes the awning. I was knocked down buy the strike.
I get up and check my self for; well I guess holes and burns.
I'm ok and my underware is still clean!
I go inside and wouldn't you know it they don't have the fan motor.
Just as well, I had just noticed that the fan motor is rivited to the shroud.

Well after the wife picked me up and took me home I found one at Auto-Zone, $87.00. Used my right-angle grinder and got it fixed; so I thought.

As I returned to the car there's a puddle of coolant under the car. Just outage I thought, but no; the Radiator now has a crack in it.
Right were the tank and the core meet. Well I put it together and drove her home. I got the new radiator to day but it is raining so I'll put it in tomorrow.

Fuel man~~~

·
Registered
610 Posts
When it rains it pours and it did literally in your case.....

Not Good but tomorrow is a new day and maybe the sun will come out...

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
sounds like another sh!tty day in paradise. if you need a radiator, try radiator.com i got a new Visteon OE unit complete with Ford OEM trans line hardware for 156$ shipped and i got in two days.

joseph

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
I had a lightning experience similar to that.
I was only about 10 and I was riding my bicycle in the neighborhood. There was only one cloud in the sky and it decided to drop a big bolt of lightning above me. It hit some neighborhood power lines about 25 feet above my head. It knocked me down off the bike. I looked up in disbelief. It was the only lightning strike within 200 miles, from a little bitty cloud that was hardly a cup of water!!! Yikes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts