TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, for those of you who read my earlier post about my temp going half way between M in Norm and H.

Well today i was doing some normal driving to school and back with no problems, but later at around 5:30 I was driving to a town i always go to. However, on my way back as I was on the highway again, the temp was normal, ( I was doing 70mph, I was not speeding like the last time) as i got off the highway, i was in town and my temp was normal for 2 minutes, until i came to a complete stop on my block, I was standing still for about 3 minutes when the temp gauge got into the same range(halfway between M and H) I watched it go from R to Past the M, and i did not hear the fan turn on until it got halfway between the M and H. Now i checked the fan again when i got home, and It was working fine, at both high and low speeds, I watched the fan turn on and off countless times. I even reved the engine again, and the Fan was working fine, and the temp gauge did not go past N( last time i reved it, it went halfway between M and H). It felt like the fan was not turning on sson enough at first, but as i was checking it it was fine. I could NOT get to the M again.
It's the second time it happened and both times it happened after i slowed down on the highway or getting off the highway.

( I have a Ford water pump with about 6,000 miles on it. and A new Griffin radiator, almost a year old, I saw no leaks, and coolant level was fine the last time this happened, today it was low ( below the cold line, but this is not unusual for my car). Since i bought it 2 1/2 years ago, it does that, and nobody could ever find a leak. Oil is fine, and head gasket is fine. My father was telling me it could be the thermostat, he said i should have put a Ford thermostat in there instead of a Stant when i replaced the rad. I don't know but it seems like it's something simple, like an unappropriate mixture of coolant or something, but i always buy and mix the coolant myself (50/50 mix).

what do you guys think, All ideas, opinions, suggestions, greatly appreciated.

thanks
BeirutsFinest

·
Registered
75 Posts
How old is your themostat? That might be a problem or you might have a little air in the system. This does sounds kinda odd :confused:

·
Registered
22 Posts
If the fan is electric sounds like a fan relay or themostat problem. I say start at the relay.

Sliver

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Some of you might think this is dumb, but check for plastic bags. T-Bird suck up trash from the road very easily. Get a flashlight and look down from the top, directly in front of the radiator. I've had more than my share of plastic bags sneak their way in there.

PJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts