TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
asking here since the mn12's used coil packs, not coil-on-plug. has anyone ever used the acell coils? i have about 135k on my cruiser, and only one coil is not original. i would like to change them all out, as well as the plugs. i can get 8 accel coils for $239 new, and that price includes 8 plugs and a fuel filter from www.lightningforceperformance.com. the plugs would have to be for the expy, but they both take the same fuel filter. i would prefer oem, but even at my price, i am well over $300 for 7 new coils. if i got the accel, i would obviously replace all 8!!

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
asking here since the mn12's used coil packs, not coil-on-plug. has anyone ever used the acell coils? i have about 135k on my cruiser, and only one coil is not original. i would like to change them all out, as well as the plugs. i can get 8 accel coils for $239 new, and that price includes 8 plugs and a fuel filter from www.lightningforceperformance.com. the plugs would have to be for the expy, but they both take the same fuel filter. i would prefer oem, but even at my price, i am well over $300 for 7 new coils. if i got the accel, i would obviously replace all 8!!
From the findings on the DEW98 platform, the Accel COPs don't have any compatibility issues. They claim better throttle response and mpg, but those are just being measured by the seat-of-the-pants meter and not accounting for changes in the way they drive when accounting for mpg.

They do say the boots don't appear to be any better so may still have the reliability problems of the Motorcraft ones.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts