TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Your car is bad A$$! That is a real nice ride. Copper lines are used on motorcycles all the time for fuel and oil and those old vibrate a whole lot I should not see any reason why it could not be done. They would look cool on your car.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Have you priced copper lately? :beek:

This is just my opinion, but I think copper (tubing) is just too soft. If you kick up debris on the road, and hit a copper tube, there's a good chance it will dent or split.

For the physical properties of the fuel system application it is probably ok, but the environmental requirements may make it not suitable.

But just my .02. :thumbsup:

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your car is bad A$$! That is a real nice ride. Copper lines are used on motorcycles all the time for fuel and oil and those old vibrate a whole lot I should not see any reason why it could not be done. They would look cool on your car.
thanks.....I already run copper for my tranny cooler lines..

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you priced copper lately? :beek:

This is just my opinion, but I think copper (tubing) is just too soft. If you kick up debris on the road, and hit a copper tube, there's a good chance it will dent or split.

For the physical properties of the fuel system application it is probably ok, but the environmental requirements may make it not suitable.

But just my .02. :thumbsup:
I have a few hundred feet of 1/2" not being used at the moment..(and yes, the stuff is expensive)

I understand where you are coming from on the rock ship/dent/cut idea. But, you can use aluminum too which bends as easily as copper, but it may not be as soft.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
What's weird is my fuel line on my 69 F100 was copper with some type of plating on the inside and outside. (I know this because when I squished it with a transmission cross mount, I had to splice it.) It looked like stainless steel on the outside, but the innards were definitely copper.

I would say that since you see so few miles.... I'd sell the copper, buy aluminum tubing, and with the money left over... buy a nitrous system... :D

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's weird is my fuel line on my 69 F100 was copper with some type of plating on the inside and outside. (I know this because when I squished it with a transmission cross mount, I had to splice it.) It looked like stainless steel on the outside, but the innards were definitely copper.

I would say that since you see so few miles.... I'd sell the copper, buy aluminum tubing, and with the money left over... buy a nitrous system... :D
no shat :D

check the link now.....I'm not going to sell the stuff, but I more than likely will not be using it..

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I was in the Army for many years, with part of it when most of the trucks used carbed engines. I have no idea what came with them, but they all seemed to end up with copper fuel lines. Never had a problem with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts