TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody been hearing about "coral calcium?" i've seen a lot of infomercials on it and now it's everywhere i go on the net. they're claiming that with enough calcium, your body can fight off ANY disease. they even said it can help with cancer, parkenson's, and alzheimer's.

any opinions?

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
And if you use an Electric Supercharger you can net 50-60HP to the wheels..... Just a little bit my opinion though, if your body needs calcium, where does it matter where it comes from (except for milk, milk contains chemicals that rob more calcium that it gives, a study was done and countries that get their calcium from greens like spinach have half the osteoprosis rate that America does, and the only reason Milk is still king in America is due to the dairy industry not wanting to collapse, so drink responsibly)

--Craig

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Calcium

Basically, if you don't get enough calcium before you finish puberty, then you probably won't ever get enough. Damage already done. Or at least you've set your body up for failure. Calcium for strong bones, as they say on the commercials, only works when your bones are actually growing or are in the process of absorbing calcium in order to grow. When you are already a set size (adult), lots of calcium intake will only keep the equilibrium of calcium in bones at a steady state. There are drugs that elder people take to try to force calcium into bones, but they don't work very well.
That's why it's so important for kids to eat right. Especially girls cuz they seem to get osteoporosis more when they get older.
Milk: Yeah I agree with Deus. The dairy industry has pulled the wool over most of us. Remember "milk it does the body good, pass it on" ? Good commercial. It made me drink milk. Milk's OK, but it's got a lot of fat (even skim) and sugar. A lot of people are allergic to it. And by that I don't mean hives either. Some foods (milk, wheat) you can be allergic to and the manifestation is a type of bloating or an irritation of the gut. Not life-threatening but certainly can cause some problems over many years time.
Remember: there are NO miracle diets or foods. Period. And while some of the "supplements" that you get at GNC and other places help with nutrition for weight lifters, most (not all....) of the herbal products that you buy are monkey poop. They can put anything they want in there and say it'll help your mood or help you with the ladies or whatever. It's not regulated or inspected by anyone that has your health's best interest in mind.
Alrighty, off the soapbox.

Good health comes from eating right and exercise.

·
PostSkank
3,231 Posts
yes, the dairy industry is evil..... well, maybe not evil.

Silicon actually can help you quite a bit with any sort of calcium problem you might have (still not a miracle or anything). If I remember correctly silicon can help the body to absorb calcium more efficiently... or something like that. Its been awhile.

still not gonna cure cancer or anything though

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Hey he believed the coke thread, might as well believe in this urban legend too!

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
the Coke thread blew, this is just gay...

Are you guys proposing that tens of thousands of dairy farmers are getting rich supplying the American public with farm fresh milk?? Get a grip!

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Sounds like that page and book are all about some hippy, vegetarian, weirdo guy..

My favorite part of that page:

5) Why do many "Got Milk" advertisements feature celebrities of African or Asian descent, while these ads fail to mention that most adults of these ethnicities lack the enzyme to properly digest milk? :gapteeth:

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
The thing is that some of those I have read in other sources like Readers Digest and other such respectible publications. I strongly believe this. I am not saying that milk is evil, I am just saying dont drink milk for the calcium. You drive a Civic for performance, you drive it for gas mileage, so drink your milk for flavor or whatever floats your boat.

--Craig

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I don't know a thing about coral calcium. Never heard of it.

But you can get all of the vits and minrls that you need from vegies and fruit. Milk is not a necessary source. You can drink it or eat it's byproducts out of choice. It's a wonder what corporate marketing can get you to believe. Just look at all the ricers and their stickers etc. And Microsoft produces the most stable and efficient OS too. ;)

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey hold on there. i wasnt saying i fell for this, i was asking for an opinion because i didnt know either way. i never said it would work. and in regards to the COKE thread, i never said that is the definite truth. i put it up to see what the responses would be. as i expected, it seems to have been proven false. i didnt say that coke does all those things.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts