TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 40 of 633 Posts

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I'm going to say that it's officially in my neck of the woods. There was one patient from a cruise ship, but I'm not counting that person as they were held in quarantine at a hospital in NorCal. Rancho Mirage is a city about 30min east of me. This person having "contacted the virus locally" tells me they touched something that was infected...like handling cash, lol

Eisenhower Hospital is a hospital mainly for geriatrics, so chances are that this person is 60+ are high, and as we discussed, has a higher mortality rate than the younger, otherwise healthy, population.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
There is a confirmed case in Wake county NC, traveled from the Washington nursing home. I flew to Texas a couple weeks ago, in RDU there were very little masks, but DFW definitely more.
Al, if you wanna give up those hockey tickets let me know. LOL

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Matt, I love that pic; that's my favorite Sabbath album. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Rep. Paul Gosar, R-Ariz and Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas are "Self-Quarantining" and there's talk of using the outbreak as an excuse to take a congressional "recess". Personally I'd like to see COVID-19 wipe those old MF'ers out. 2/3 of congress is over 60 with 1/4 over 70 years old.

Its long past time for some young people in Congress.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Rep. Paul Gosar, R-Ariz and Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas are "Self-Quarantining" and there's talk of using the outbreak as an excuse to take a congressional "recess". Personally I'd like to see COVID-19 wipe those old MF'ers out. 2/3 of congress is over 60 with 1/4 over 70 years old.

Where's the "heart" react / emoji when you need it?

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,624 Posts

Ok Boomer ?

They take a whole ******* month off every august that nobody else can regardless of what’s going on, suck it up. There’s plenty of room for extra parasites and viruses in Washington

·
Super Moderator
12,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
LOL ... My Dad's a Boomer. I"m Gen X and I'm guessing your a Millennial.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
If we could ditch the parasites in Congress with CoronaVirus, and gas prices drop, I'd see this as a win/win.

Now if I can just survive Captain Trips, it's all good. :)

We need to convince people with the disease to sneeze into an envelope, and send it to Congress. :D (Joking, Joking)

Anyone dreaming about the Old Lady in Colorado, or is that just me? ?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Al, if you wanna give up those hockey tickets let me know. LOL
I'm good, I got an astronaut's suit I'm going to wear. Think they'll let me in?!?

Al

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Anecdotes:
  • After most/all my customers went to a work-from-home model starting last week, my company is taking that step as well. Even if my son's school is still open (most are) and our attorney's church is still holding services, there's no sense in exposing my co-workers to my petri dish and vice versa.
  • I've checked with a friend who airbnb's the bigger unit in his house in my neighborhood. Being SF, it's almost always booked. He says that the hasn't received any cancellations yet but the pipeline for future stays (esp in the summer) is WAAY down.
  • There are only something like 8,000 test cases for all of California. We can only process 2K/day and there are already 10,250+ people undergoing self monitoring.
  • With cases already suspected of community spread and not enough kits to even test the people we know were potentially exposed to CV19, yeah, we don't have a handle on things.
* Personally, I'm not worried about my son or my wife but I told my parents to stay at home instead of visiting for my kid's spring break. Free childcare for a week just isn't worth the risk to them.

On the bright side:
a) the reduction in pollution in China might have a net positive effect on deaths. Probably not long term but hey, it's nice
b) the increased push for handwashing might reduce this year's fatalities

On Astronaut suits for your hockey game:
People have already started doing this in China.

Besides being hilarious looking, I think the issue with positive displacement air outfits like these costumes is the filtration on the air intake (which is non-existant).

If you really want to be safe, you need to rock a 3M PAPR breathing system and a Tyvek suit. Rolling in full hazmat mode will definitely not put your fellow attendees at ease though and it will be hard to drink your $10 beer.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts

We will know in a few days if this hits the geriatrics in Congress. You can guarantee though that if any CV19 testkits are available, THEY will have access to them first before anyone in the public.

Also, we will see how this plays out if Trump continues to schedule/attend his rallies.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I know we're not supposed to "speak politics" here on TCCOA, but based on a few topics that have been discussed, I'm getting an idea of where you guys stand on particular topics.

That is all :).

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
My wife got home from work about 20min ago - remember, she's a patient intake receptionist at an urgent care clinic - and has informed me that a patient she checked in may have been a COVID-19 patient.

The doctor on site turned the patient around to the ER across the street from the clinic my wife works at. She was saying that it'll be a while before they know if that patient tested positive for COVID-19.

Reasons to suspect on this patient is that they were at a conference in Washington recently (point of infection), excessive coughing and difficulty breathing (symptoms).

·
Administrator
8,248 Posts
My son is working from home for the next 3 weeks, nothing going on there but they are just playing it safe.

Joe

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Reasons to suspect on this patient is that they were at a conference in Washington recently (point of infection), excessive coughing and difficulty breathing (symptoms).
CPAC? Oh man, if that is true that he or she helped spread CV19, I can't imagine this will help the "gold level VIP ticket holder" with his conservative street cred.

"A CPAC attendee infected with coronavirus attended multiple days of the conference on a gold-level VIP ticket as well as a Friday night Shabbat dinner associated with the event, according to people familiar with the situation.

The infected attendee was a CPAC regular who made a hobby of meeting high-profile conference speakers and taking photographs with them. His gold-level ticket gave him access to a private lounge directly outside the green room for speakers on the conference’s main stage."

As of early Monday evening, event organizers have contacted “just over a dozen” people who they have identified as having direct contact with the infected attendee, according to Ian Walters, spokesman for the American Conservative Union, which organizes the annual Conservative Political Action Conference. By Sunday evening, he said, the ACU had also been in touch with a little under 100 conference-goers who might have been in the same room as the infected person.

The ACU’s handling of the case has led to grumbling from attendees, particularly among a prominent group of pro-Trump agitators who have complained of a two-tiered system: VIPs have been notified directly even to be told they did not interact with the infected man, while ordinary rank-and-file conference-goers have by and large been left to wonder, receiving only vaguer information in mass emails. Meanwhile, critics have noted the irony of prominent officials downplaying the outbreak even as the disease may silently have been spreading among the Trump administration’s own members and supporters.
He said that other gold-level ticket holders have been contacted directly about their fellow ticket holder’s infection. Walters said he did not know how many gold ticket holders there were in total, but that it was more than 10.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
21 - 40 of 633 Posts