TCCoA Forums banner

901 - 920 of 924 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #901
The inverse is "Hillary" ... or "Obama" works just as well.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,957 Posts
The inverse is "Hillary" ... or "Obama" works just as well.
For sure, TDS is legit, but derangement isn’t exclusive to liberal cucks, say Trump’s economy even partially benefited from the previous administration and the conservative cucks cough*Falwell*cough*literally*cough*wife and pool boy*cough tend to go critical mass.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Long form journalism about the spread of covid post sturgis by the washington post.

Apparently, a lot of attendees accepted the risk to themselves because they recognized it was incremental on top of riding a motorcycle (vs driving for example). What they didn't realize was that gee, maybe I could infect others when I get home

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Wow! That's crazy Dan. Getting ready for the fall COVID serge.
So the story behind the "mortuary refrigerator" in relation to Covid .. Just to clear things up. The first question I asked the mortuary owner was "do you know something that I don't know ??" .. The mortuary is where bodies are stored before funeral / cremation or transport to another location.

Any Covid deaths require about 8 hour cleaning / disinfectant and inspection on the transporting vehicle ( the bodies are sealed in plastic at some point ) .. And require full hazmat suits on the person. This has made the removal process very costly in man hours and the city Morgue handles most of those cases. A majority of common deaths are elderly or obese people on hot days.

Since the shut down, a lot of funeral homes and mortuaries are going under. Except for the ones who have cold storage. So this is a way of expanding the business from transportation to storage.

Okay, now a bit of darker humor ..

The dual Fan coil units I installed will occupy some potential "storage space" .. I told the owner possibly 2 top shelves out of the 60 capacity and he said "we will put the kids up there, they don't take up much room."

Fun fact. The car pool lane requires two or more living persons .. That dead body in the trunk is considered furniture.

This one is for Gunn .. Dead body in the freezer is like money in the bank. 😂

·
Super Moderator
13,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #906
Wow! That's macabre. God bless the kids.

It's odd that the funeral homes and mortuaries are going under since the shut down. Why is that? I would think that with over 200K COVID deaths business would be booming. What's the old joke about the cemetery? People are just dying to get in there!

Just a heads up, I'm going to move that picture and this discussion to the COVID thread tomorrow to keep things tidy. Thanks for expanding on the story behind the photo.

Reactions: dDUBb

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Those of you with small kids, are you planning to let them go trick or treating or will you hand out treats?
In the beforetimes, we would have friends over, I'd make a big batch of chili, and we'd give out candy from our garage. Our neighborhood is one of the few "flatter" streets in a neighborhood with more than the average # of kids so SFPD blocks off the road for a few blocks for pedestrian traffic. Its also incredibly crowded. Yes, its outdoors but there would be NO way to maintain a 6 foot distance with kids and multiple packs.

This year, I think the halloween spider may come and leave some eggs around our yard for our son. Our son is still young so missing one year won't be devastating.

--
On the spike, Northern Utah in SLC is already over capacity for their ICU.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #910
Wow! That's crazy! Hamsters indeed! 🤣

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Dead guy on the North Dakota ballot. Poor guy didn't believe in covid, either

23 covid cases now linked to the MN Trump rallies.

·
Super Moderator
13,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #912
Those of you with small kids, are you planning to let them go trick or treating or will you hand out treats?
In the before times, we would have friends over, I'd make a big batch of chili, and we'd give out candy from our garage. Our neighborhood is one of the few "flatter" streets in a neighborhood with more than the average # of kids so SFPD blocks off the road for a few blocks for pedestrian traffic. Its also incredibly crowded. Yes, its outdoors but there would be NO way to maintain a 6 foot distance with kids and multiple packs.

This year, I think the Halloween spider may come and leave some eggs around our yard for our son. Our son is still young so missing one year won't be devastating.
No, our son won't be trick or treating this year. My wife is averse to him having any sugary treats anyway. On the back to school subject, having said that we wouldn't send him back, after careful consideration we sent my son back for the first time yesterday.

At the end of the day my wife was aghast at the number of kids getting off of the bus sans masks when she picked him up. She's going to talk to the school administrator today. Our son indicated that some of the other kids on the bus said "We're exempt from wearing masks, our parents don't believe in Coronavirus." My wife and I were like WTF? The school had indicated that masks were mandatory and non-negotiable.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Still undecided on the trick or treating this year. Not sure about the rest of the block .. Seems like hardly anybody has decorations up this year. Usually my block is pretty busy with a lot of kids. My two oldest are getting a little bored of dressing up anyways, but not the candy. We put everything in a jar to regulate how much they eat .. Just recently threw away half the jar from un eaten last years candy. As for school, it will be a relief when they go back next fall. 🙄

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
No, our son won't be trick or treating this year. My wife is averse to him having any sugary treats anyway. On the back to school subject, having said that we wouldn't send him back, after careful consideration we sent my son back for the first time yesterday.

At the end of the day my wife was aghast at the number of kids getting off of the bus sans masks when she picked him up. She's going to talk to the school administrator today. Our son indicated that some of the other kids on the bus said "We're exempt from wearing masks, our parents don't believe in Coronavirus." My wife and I were like WTF? The school had indicated that masks were mandatory and non-negotiable.
1) Good luck. As far as talking to the school administrator, if they allow anyone on campus, even masked, that doesn't make me feel good about the school taking it seriously.

I suspect SF is taking things more seriously than other locales (one of the first to lock down back in March) so in order to re-open, they have to have very strict access rules defined by the SFDPH for any school (public or private) which wants to open.
  • No parent can stop by and drop off/pickup times are staggered to minimize exposure beyond the cohort;
  • if you want to ask a question of the administration, you join one of the weekly zoom calls or email.
  • Finally, they are only bringing a few grades in at a time (JK/K/1st) and will ramp up.
2) It sounds like your school is just opening up at full capacity. Maybe you can do pickups/drop offs to reduce exposure for your son.

Still undecided on the trick or treating this year. Not sure about the rest of the block .. Seems like hardly anybody has decorations up this year. Usually my block is pretty busy with a lot of kids. My two oldest are getting a little bored of dressing up anyways, but not the candy. We put everything in a jar to regulate how much they eat .. Just recently threw away half the jar from un eaten last years candy. As for school, it will be a relief when they go back next fall. 🙄
1) I suspect your two oldest must almost be ready to ask for keys to the car pretty soon:)
2) Yes, it will be a relief but its a question of exposure

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
1) I suspect your two oldest must almost be ready to ask for keys to the car pretty soon:)
2) Yes, it will be a relief but its a question of exposure
My oldest son is 14 .. So yeah not too far off.

I hope this isn't still an issue next fall .. Almost a year away from now.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
The county in which I live in, Riverside County, was eased off the most restrictive tier - purple - and into the less restrictive - red tier - a few weeks ago. Places were hopping because people wanted to get out and socialize. Today, RVCO Board of Supervisors announced that the RVCO will be going back into purple tier because nobody wears a mask around here. Case and point, the classic car show and market night from Friday evening I showed you guys in the other thread.

IMO, we're going to be doing this back and forth dance between tiers for some time until:

1. The problem "works itself out"
2. People start effing doing what they're supposed to do
3. A vaccine comes out with a high patient dosage rate

Dead guy on the North Dakota ballot. Poor guy didn't believe in covid, either
I have a morbid sense of humor because this sort of sh!t cracks me up. :D

23 covid cases now linked to the MN Trump rallies.
Have you seen the Daily Show's video of all the irony / hypocrisy / double standards of people at these Trump rallies? It aired on Saturday, IIRC.

If everything goes well, my kids' school district will be partially reopening come January. I don't know what that means though other than dividers everywhere at both teachers' and students' desks. They did say that these partial days will be for no more than 2hrs/day and will be no more than 2 days a week. The kids will be placed on a particular schedule for assigned days to come down to campus. My wife and I don't like it. We're of the mindset of "all or nothing".

We're going to go do trick-or-treating with the kids. Some of the neighborhoods around here are fairly well decorated. My neighborhood though - as always - is dead on the Halloween decorations.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
The county in which I live in, Riverside County, was eased off the most restrictive tier - purple - and into the less restrictive - red tier - a few weeks ago. Places were hopping because people wanted to get out and socialize. Today, RVCO Board of Supervisors announced that the RVCO will be going back into purple tier because nobody wears a mask around here. Case and point, the classic car show and market night from Friday evening I showed you guys in the other thread.

We're going to go do trick-or-treating with the kids. Some of the neighborhoods around here are fairly well decorated. My neighborhood though - as always - is dead on the Halloween decorations.
So your infection rate has climbed because of non-compliance by enough of your neighbors that you had to move BACK a tier.... and you still want to take your kids trick or treating?
I know you have 2 kids (the heir and the spare) BUT

Based on your mailbox pics, I saw that your neighborhood is a good deal less dense than my neighborhood in SF and presumably the ones you want to visit are the same. However, even if you are driving from house to house, you are still exposing yourself to the candy givers AND along the paths.

We have another week or so before halloween but you might want to consider alternatives before making any final decisions.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
My wife and I figure that we are already very highly exposed to COVID as it is because of what we do for work. Remember, she's medical staff and I am still required to go to the office every day and visit various sites which have had known COVID outbreaks. My home office had an employee test positive for COVID on Thursday and we were notified on Friday. We take care of ourselves as best as possible, but my wife and I figure that it's only a matter of time before one of us get it.

Because we are essential workers, we already have a high level of exposure and if we get it, we know our kids are going to get it as well. My house is in no manner setup for us to isolate ourselves from the rest of us, and knowing my kids, they'll be going in and out of whatever room we'd post up in if we attempted to isolate.

All that said, we're still going Trick-Or-Treating. We'll wear masks to protect ourselves / others as we always do.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Excess deaths in the US tops 300K. Yes, more probably died this year b/c the US population in 2020 is older than the population was in 2019... but 300K more? Nah. There must be some other reason.

·
Super Moderator
13,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #920
1) Good luck. As far as talking to the school administrator, if they allow anyone on campus, even masked, that doesn't make me feel good about the school taking it seriously.

I suspect SF is taking things more seriously than other locales (one of the first to lock down back in March) so in order to re-open, they have to have very strict access rules defined by the SFDPH for any school (public or private) which wants to open.
  • No parent can stop by and drop off/pickup times are staggered to minimize exposure beyond the cohort;
  • if you want to ask a question of the administration, you join one of the weekly zoom calls or email.
  • Finally, they are only bringing a few grades in at a time (JK/K/1st) and will ramp up.
2) It sounds like your school is just opening up at full capacity. Maybe you can do pickups/drop offs to reduce exposure for your son.
Yes, they're doing full capacity reopen. My wife got in touch with the administrator yesterday and she indicated that masks were to be worn "Until the student reaches their parents car at the bus stop." She was very receptive to our concerns and asked which bus and who the driver was. My wife told her the details and she said I'll put an additional adult on the bus as a bus monitor. Yesterday afternoon the kids were all wearing their masks as they should.

Other bus protocols include temp checks prior to boarding in the morning and a mid-day temp check at school prior to evening departures.

Those who are dropped off at school by car also receive a temp check prior to being allowed to enter the school building. If any student in the car has a temp the entire carload of carpooling friends and/or siblings are sent home and not allowed to enter the school.

901 - 920 of 924 Posts