TCCoA Forums banner

961 - 980 of 991 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #961
I was tested at the beginning of my last big job - along with everyone else. That was in late September.

Moderna says they're at 94.5% effective with their vaccine.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #962

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Because it belongs in this thread....and I have a morbid sense of humor 😀

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #964
Oh, wow! The irony in that! Yeah, this is a good place for that post!

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #965

·
Registered
3,587 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #967
Thanks for the clarification on line of succession. I wish more of those fossils would go... On both sides of the aisle.

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,395 Posts
I'm not sure if you need to be a Facebook user to see this, but thought it was pretty funny!

Thanksgiving

Joe

Reactions: Trunk Monkey

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #969
Classic! Happy Thanksgiving! Don't forget your mask! Because nothing says pandemic Thanksgiving like a turkey mask.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Because it belongs in this thread....and I have a morbid sense of humor 😀
You can imagine the horror I had endured the One and only time I actually had a Thanksgiving .. Fish dinner, with the Native American in-laws and some dude with actual feather in his hairdo. 😂

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I'm not sure if you need to be a Facebook user to see this, but thought it was pretty funny!

Thanksgiving

Joe
A friend just made a comment to me: if your city/state going into a lockdown substantially changes your life, you may be a contributing factor to why there's a lockdown in your city/state :)

Sadder anecdote about how a dinner+bible study session with a small ground of longtime friends killed this woman's father.

If you folks do insist on getting together with family this holiday (fish or no fish), consider having EVERYONE get tested + socially isolate between the test date and the dinner. I've had a few friends do this successfully but with every additional added family unit, there's always added risk.

It's now Nov. You folks all get your flu shots yet?

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
My employer has been doing testing for some time. I've not been tested because it wasn't a requirement, until today. All of us in my team are being asked to get tested weekly now.

I don't mind. It kills time and makes the day go by slightly faster.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,727 Posts
The wife made the executive decision (which I support) to not attend any Thanksgiving gatherings this year. It's spiraling out of control here.

The coworker of mine that tested positive 2 weeks ago will be returning to work soon but many more of my schools have started going to full remote learning due to staff getting infected and having to quarantine, combined with the lack of sufficient substitutes. At least 3 counties here in the state have announced stay at home "advisories" - and there is now a 10P-5A curfew statewide.

Meanwhile, the morons at the Statehouse are trying to pass a law to prevent the state dept. of health and governor's office from issuing shutdown orders again...

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
The wife made the executive decision (which I support) to not attend any Thanksgiving gatherings this year. It's spiraling out of control here.

The coworker of mine that tested positive 2 weeks ago will be returning to work soon but many more of my schools have started going to full remote learning due to staff getting infected and having to quarantine, combined with the lack of sufficient substitutes. At least 3 counties here in the state have announced stay at home "advisories" - and there is now a 10P-5A curfew statewide.

Meanwhile, the morons at the Statehouse are trying to pass a law to prevent the state dept. of health and governor's office from issuing shutdown orders again...
Stay safe man. Whether not our federal govt does something (they wont), everyone should do their part to take care of themselves and NOT take more risk than absolutely necessary. I also think everyone should remember WHO tried to help with the pandemic and those who deliberately tried to block it.

Ex:
Ken Paxton, AG (TX) preventing cities like El Paso, who's hospitals are already overflowing, from issuing stay at home orders as they take away local control

In your case, it looks to be Reps. Shane Wilkin and Jon Cross.

I hope everyone who loses someone in these hard hit areas remember the people who COULD have made a difference.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #975

I see NYC went back to remote learning too after positivity rates topped 3%.

We're not going anywhere for Thanksgiving or Christmas either. My Mom's already whining about it. "You remember when you gave me that 'Tough Love' Mom? .... well this is some 'Tough love' right back atcha!" We're staying home for our health and yours. (Not to mention my brother is a Pandemic denying Trumpster and Mom is a single issue voter.) Time AWAY from family this year is a welcome relief!

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #976
In other news ...

Former HHS Pandemic and Emerging Threats Coordinator Dr. Mario Ramirez stressed the importance of staying safe as Covid-19 cases surge across the U.S. Ramirez focused on hospital patient overload and said, “Things will get worse over the next six weeks,” and “There may be a chance that we can’t help you.

Stay safe out there guys!

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Sadly, we are going to top 300K deaths by EOY 2020 -- I believe 400K+ is very likely as well if people remain in denial. I think this website is a decent crossection of America and we can see the variations here.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
News like this is what pisses me off about Dem leaders. They don't seem to be as blatantly venal as the GOP is proving themselves to be BUT they they do this "for thee, but not for me" crap, it really plays against the concept of fairness and everyone sacrificing for the common good if they can't be bothered to do the same.

In case you are wondering, The French Laundry is a super fancy michelin starred restaurant run by Thomas Keller (one of the top celeb chefs in the nation). I've had several friends eat there and the last couple that did so burned something like $1200 total... for lunch. Crazy opulent. I've been to some places like that (Gary Danko in SF) but TFL is next level expensive and I can't justify what is a really fancy car payment or anywhere else but SF, basically your mortgage payment for a single meal.

This kind of thing is like Pelosi getting her hair done or Feinstein being able to get a CCW permit here in SF when no one else has one. **** these elites. I'd complain about dinosaurs in politics but Newsom isn't that old. If he ever tries to rise into national politics, I will definitely be happy to campaign against him.

Oh, and it seems that some of the california lawmakers also decided to take a trip to Hawaii for an "important" independent voter conference. Again, travel advisories are for thee, but not for me.
At least seven lawmakers from CA. Argh.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #979
My wife told me about that this morning. What a hypocrite!

Yup, some people have a real "It won't happen to me" or, even worse, "It's all a conspiracy" mentality.

Like the Honey Badger, COVID don't care!

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
18,073 Posts
Yeah these stories really get my blood boiling, hypocrisy and double standards are probably my biggest peeve in politics, more than policy on a candidate by candidate basis. It just translates to “We(you) all need to make sacrifices for the greater good(get me re-elected and/or in a better position)”.

961 - 980 of 991 Posts