TCCoA Forums banner

981 - 993 of 993 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
My wife told me about that this morning. What a hypocrite!

Yup, some people have a real "It won't happen to me" or, even worse, "It's all a conspiracy" mentality.

Like the Honey Badger, COVID don't care!
I thought this guy had matured from when he was the philandering mayor of SF... he was boning his appointments secretary AKA the wife of his friend and campaign manager.

How's that for loyalty? Like the philandering, this new dining out doesn't cost the people much but it shows what kind of person this guy is -- he's someone who thinks the rules are for others. Since he climbed from mayor of SF -> Lt Governor -> Governor (in large part b/c there wasn't a very good opposition to him -- I think the other dem, the former mayor of LA Antonio Villaraigosa was a better choice but i think a lot of people are anti-LA and anti-hispanic -- remember CA passed Prop 187 back in 1994). I'm sure he wants to go higher and to go on the national stage, I suspect the next option will be one of the Senate seats once he terms out in 2027. It wouldn't surprise me if he appoints another fossil to Harris's open seat to give him more job openings in the future.

PS. If you folks ever take a trip to wine country here in CA, I can't in good conscience recommend TFL but Ad Hoc is much more casual and incredibly delicious. Book in advance and if the menu isn't something you care for, cancel.

The prix fixe meal served family style is $56/ea

·
Registered
3,593 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
The monoclonal antibody treatment that binds to the coronavirus and was given to trump has been approved from Eli Lilly and Regeneron (what trump got). As I understand it, these are small antibodies first foundin camelids (camels/llamas) and sharks which bind to the coronavirus and prevent it from sticking to other cells in your body (thereby inhibiting reproduction). Kind of like how tamiflu works on the common flu (tamiflu is amazing BTW - you feel better literally overnight if you get it prescribed early enough and test positive for flu).

Will this matter?
US bought the entire supply of regeneron (300K doses) @ $1250/ea.

Does this mean you will get the treatment? Maybe, maybe not. I suspect since the distribution is going to the states some states will be more equitable than others (who will give it to VIPs). I believe the idea is to give it to people who are sick and at risk of going into the hospital, without them entering the hospital first. Like older people w/ preexisting conditions. What's sad to me is that I doubt any state will withhold treatment if you caught it by going to your church's choir practice, a motorcycle rally, or other risky behavior so these anti-maskers will be hoovering up dosages that others who choose to isolate themselves could have used.

---
Oh, Newsom's kid is in isolation after covid exposure from his private school.

·
Super Moderator
13,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #984

·
Super Moderator
13,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #985

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
NC smashes COVID positives single day record yesterday with over 4,500 cases. However, the percent positive is down to 7.1%. Down from what I don’t know.

This website says it was 8.6% on 11/18 (latest data)
On 11/21, NC had 3338.7 cases. That last fellow with only 7/10th of a case must have lucked out /s

·
Super Moderator
13,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #987
😆 How the hell do they calculate a tenth of a case?

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
That last fellow with only 7/10th of a case must have lucked out /s
How is someone only "7/10ths" infected?

It's like a woman saying "I'm kinda pregnant". No, hits not "kinda". It's either you are or you aren't.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
How is someone only "7/10ths" infected?

It's like a woman saying "I'm kinda pregnant". No, hits not "kinda". It's either you are or you aren't.
I figured it out. Seems to be an aggregation of multiple data sources. Hence, one reports one number, another reports another number, average = fractional deaths.

As far as a woman saying she's kinda pregnant, that only means she's in denial or plans to do something about it soon so it doesn't matter. The first is a bigger warning sign than the second :)
The one that bugs me is when some proud expectant father says "we are pregnant". No dude, you aren't pregnant. Your significant other is pregnant. Your contribution ended after a few grunts and pumps a few months back.

·
Super Moderator
5,286 Posts
Reactions: dDUBb

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
This statistic caught my attention from the covid tracking project -- just in time for Thanksgiving

14-day change in # of cases: +49%
14-day change in # of deaths: +62%

That's an insane number. Just like our stock market, we are in the vertical part of the hockey stick, folks.

Random Q: Has Lenise been around recently? I don't seem to have seen her post anywhere. I hope her and her family are ok.
-g

·
Super Moderator
13,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #993
... All those election season campaign rallies .... Just wait until the Thanksgiving cases start rolling in around mid-December.

Have a happy ICU Christmas!

981 - 993 of 993 Posts