TCCoA Forums banner

1101 - 1120 of 1136 Posts

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
8,491 Posts
Ron,

Take care out there, heard on the news earlier that Arizona has the highest Covid rate on the planet! (n)

Joe

·
Super Moderator
5,358 Posts
Reactions: Trunk Monkey

·
Super Moderator
13,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,104
Ron,

Take care out there, heard on the news earlier that Arizona has the highest Covid rate on the planet! (n)

Joe
Thanks so much Joe!

Wow! You're right. I wasn't aware of that. Ug! Great! Just great ... (NOT!)

I just (seriously JUST - like while I was typing this just.) got my COVID test result back from the last job that I went on. Testing is also a pre-job requirement for the next job and fortunately I'm still negative.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I haven't done so yet, but Ron, you may want to do a blood donation to see if you've already had COVID. Perhaps you has it early on before lockdowns?

I keep meaning to donate blood myself to have this check done, but I never setup an appointment.

·
Super Moderator
13,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,106
I haven't done so yet, but Ron, you may want to do a blood donation to see if you've already had COVID. Perhaps you has it early on before lock downs?

I keep meaning to donate blood myself to have this check done, but I never setup an appointment.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm pretty sure if I had it, or even a mild case of it I would know.

No, I haven't had a test for COVID anti-bodies and I wouldn't even know where to begin to get one if I wanted to get tested. Let alone, not wanting to pay for a test like that out of pocket.

My brother's convinced himself that he's already had it - although I doubt that is the case. There are a lot of people running around claiming "Oh, I already had it." [Like back in January or February of last year] I can't say for certain that they didn't but the chances are very, very small, and without a confirmatory test there's no way to be certain.

Reactions: dDUBb

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm pretty sure if I had it, or even a mild case of it I would know.

No, I haven't had a test for COVID anti-bodies and I wouldn't even know where to begin to get one if I wanted to get tested. Let alone, not wanting to pay for a test like that out of pocket.

My brother's convinced himself that he's already had it - although I doubt that is the case. There are a lot of people running around claiming "Oh, I already had it." [Like back in January or February of last year] I can't say for certain that they didn't but the chances are very, very small, and without a confirmatory test there's no way to be certain.
Saying I already had it without confirmation is like saying, don't worry about the condom babe, I haven't gotten anyone pregnant yet.

Its a vaguely reasoned excuse for people to do what they want anyway.

FWIW, antibody levels drop off quickly with covid so any test taken now won't tell you if you were exposed earlier last year.

·
Super Moderator
5,358 Posts
Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Super Moderator
13,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,109
LOL that's a good one. Thanks for sharing Ralph.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
So my wife informed me that she was offered the vaccine through her employer. She declined to take the vaccine as her - and I as well - want to see how it works out for others first. Basically, we are doing the "let the guinea pigs go first" thing.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I am expecting in the near future that when the vaccine is available to my level of "essential workers", it will become mandatory to enter some jobs like the public school I was just sent home from. 🤔

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
I can see it being a mandatory vaccine for those - like yourself - who work the k-12 education system in any capacity.

Well, at least here in California. I couldn't say that for other states.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,904 Posts
Yeah, it's not mandatory for anyone here in Ohio, at least not at the government level. Businesses or schools may make it mandatory under certain circumstances or as a condition for certain things to happen though, we'll see where it goes as this pans out.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
So my wife informed me that she was offered the vaccine through her employer. She declined to take the vaccine as her - and I as well - want to see how it works out for others first. Basically, we are doing the "let the guinea pigs go first" thing.
Seriously. 15.51M people have already taken one of these two vaccines. If there were any significant adverse effects, every major news outlet would be reporting about it now.

The guinea pigs have already gotten it. You are foolish to not get it while the getting is possible.

·
Super Moderator
13,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,118 (Edited)
North Carolina just set new daily records with over 10,000 new cases! The governor just Tweeted that we had 10,400 new cases yesterday.

"On Jan. 1, 2021, North Carolina reported its highest one-day number of COVID-19 cases with 9,527 new cases reported, exceeding the state’s previous highest day set on Dec. 18, 2020 by more than 1,000.

Cases remained high Saturday, Jan. 2, with 9,356 new cases reported."

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,296 Posts
floriduh has well over 17000 new cases. Thank you gov. dumb dumb.

·
Super Moderator
13,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,120
Wow. Stay safe Rick. Best wishes.

1101 - 1120 of 1136 Posts