TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K., am I understanding correctly that the 1997 Thunderbird LX w/sport package or suspension used the same front suspension lower control arms as the 1995 Thunderbird SuperCoupe? My 1997 T-Bird sport has 16" wheels and tires as well as 4-wheel disc brakes (with the bigger front brakes) and anti-lock. I am replacing all the front-end suspension components and I bought Moog #K80053 (left) and #K80066 (right) LCAs from Rock Auto. Now I am wondering - should I have purchased the TRW (#10771 & 10772) lower control arms in order to get the correct lower control arms for my car?

Thanks,

Dennis

·
Registered
154 Posts
These OK on 3.8l?

Can I use these LCA's on my '97 3.8l Bird that I've recently lowered with Eibach Springs? I assume that they are the same as the 4.6l, and i'm replacing my front suspension parts to tighten it up, get rid of rattles/clunks. I've already replaced the UCA's and sway bar end links.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
What makes the SC/sport arms more desireable? The shock bushing? The control arm to frame bushing? I think I just put regular 94 arms on last time.
-Rob

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
the shock mount bushing is bigger and likely you didnt get that exact replacement but I havent heard anyone say they noticed a difference either so whatever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts