TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple of days ago I decided to try out a 98 P71 interceptor from a private party. This car had 90k on the ticker and everything was checked over and in good condition(believe it on not for a old cruiser)The car had the usual goodies, plus a 3L55 axle :D which is pretty rare i guess. Anyways my buddy was following me on the highway his car 97 t'bird sport(all stock) and me in the VIC. AT 55 mph we went side by side and took off at full throttle. Got up to 75 and we both let off it. Well the Vic got its a** handed to it. I knew the bird would be faster, but not that much faster. In that little bit of time he was like 5 cars lengths ahead of me. So are all the vics that bad until they got the pi swap later on or was the one I was just driving that slow?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
They aren't that bad, especially with the 3.55 gears. Don't get me wrong, my 2000 Grand Marquis, which is 20 hp down from the CVPI and has 2.73 gears does okay, but it only slightly beats my V6 Cougar, and totally gets embarrassed by the 97 Cougar, when I can get it on the road.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah your probably right. I guess that I should take into account the weight of the car. Also Iam figuring out that you really cant judge a car if you only drive it for a little while. Since I work at a benz\bmw dealership Iam too used to all these high horsepower german cars and such.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I've always wanted an all black CVPI, and I always assumed they were quicker then the 4.6 Thunderbirds.

Guess not. lol.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
most p71's had 3.55 with trac locks, just how they are usually optioned out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts