TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a digital instrument panel, looking at the repair manual it says there is a wire pick-up at the tranny for the digital speedo instead of a cable. I know that to get the correct reading with an analog speedometer the speedo gear has to be changed when switching gears, does the same applies to the digital speedo? or is there a different way to do it?

Art M.

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
You just need to change the speedo gear in the transmission. Here's a calculator to determine which gear you'll need to pick up from Ford.

Speedo gear calculator

-Rod

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that´s the gear I was referring to, but since I have a digital speedo I didn´t know if this applies to my car. My guess is there is a magnetic pick-up in the tranny, if this is correct, and the pick up is driven by this gear then it is an easy fix, but if it isn't the speedo will have to be recalibrated another way.
Art M.

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
It's just like the MN12's that came with analog speedos. Remove the single bolt that holds the VSS to the transmission case, pull out the VSS with the gear attached to it, swap gears, and reinstall. It takes about 5 - 10 mins to do.

-Rod

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, I haven´t changed the rear end yet but I will soon, so I wanted to get a heads up on the speedo. Thanks
Art M.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts