TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
how much should i expect to pay to get 3.73 ring & pinion gears installed in my stock trac lok rear end?

Frank

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
before getting the ring and pinion in, i would have the trac lok rebuilt, put in the new clutches, get some gear lube and firction modifier to give to the installer. a local shop a while back quoted me 495$ to install 3.73s. So, 200$ for gears and about 300$ for labor..call around.

jospeh

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
look like everything you need minus the lube and friction modifier and TL rebuild..come to think of it, if the Trac Lok still well, Loks and you easily can lay two stripes, then you might not have to rebuild it. I say go for it, Holcomb Motorsports sells a rebuild kit like that minus the gears for 109 and like 200 for gears.

joseph

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i can still lay down two dark patches, i only have 46k on my car. i might just buy the kit off ebay, it comes with gears too.

Frank

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
A word to the wise..... be sure to get Ford Ring and Pinion, as others out there just dont cut it some times... I hadda get rid of a set of Precision Gear 3.55 gears as they were just too rough sounding after 80mph, and this after a decent break in and good wear pattern... Went back to stock for a while, and hadda put in a new set of 3.55's due other issues with newly installed 5.4, but put in FRPP gears this time and as smooth as a whistle up to 140mph and they cost less, go figure.... LOL

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
L,

i do beleive those Precisions are really geared..no pun intended for the offroad guys. i know they advertise in the 4 wheel drive mags alot.

joseph

1 - 7 of 7 Posts