TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to look at all the options. No one locally has the part ,closed on Sundays, or they don't have it, they can order, will be here Wednesday or Thursday. Ford dealer open tomorrow, gotta go to work, can't call or get it until after work. So what is the dealer price ? Can't find dealer price on the net anywhere. $179.00 at Auto zone, complete fan, motor, shroud assembly.:confused:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Okay so im a counter man for an auto parts chain and i too have just replaced my fan in my 97 4.6 t-bird okay auto zone has one complete for 179.99 but its some off brand im not sure if it was the same brand i carry but dorman is suppose to have one available shroud ,motor , fan assembly for like 80 bucks at my store but its on back order not availble according to my resources anyways you better off going to napa or car quest or some private auto parts store and getting the motor and just drilling out the rivits and placing the motor alone . the one i bought was a siemens motor which turned out to be the same brand the car had in it and its works great i spent a hundred bucks . just thought id add a little to that i hate auto zone .

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
the dealer has the complete drop in assembly. Thats the only way i would go, the motor is riveted into the plastic shroud, if its breaks, you are SOL. in my experiences, most of these off brands are NOT reliable, my first fan lasted 10 years, i dont think ill be replacing the one i put in back in 2006 anytime soon.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$ 169.00 from Autozone, lifetime guarantee.

Complete assembly , no rivet removal necessary(what would you replace them with any way). Dorman brand looks just like the Ford unit. Works fine. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
I had Jason quote me one last year before he quit; the club discount price was like $149 - not including shipping since I live here in Charlotte I picked my parts up. Jon should be able to come close to that.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
I had Jason quote me one last year before he quit; the club discount price was like $149 - not including shipping since I live here in Charlotte I picked my parts up. Jon should be able to come close to that.
yeah, they've gone up a little. $161.03. i think some were using mustang ones, but i cannot remember that far back, or what years! :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts