TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, some of you may know I just needed to put a stock hood on my car, and it will be staying on for a while before I can get my cowl fixed.

I will be going to a few bodyshops for costs, but wanted to get an outside opinion. The hood is green with minor rust spots and very little scratches (not deep). I want to get it repainted to electric red (even the underside).

How much would you pay for paint and bodywork?

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
you're looking at about $450 for the paint and body work....yeah our color is expensive...

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
LI5.0Cat said:
wow, just for a stock hood?
How much do you think it should be?

You mentioned minor rust and some scratches, which require extra labor to address. Then you have the cost of the paint and materials.

If the Shop only charged 50$ hour, (don't know the current rate) I think the $450 is pretty good.

It cost me $135 just to get my already primed spoiler painted 'electric red'

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
yeah i figured it would be that much cause that is what i would have been charged to paint a new door....but of course i went with painting the whole thing...

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
:cool:
save those $450 to fix your cowl hood. just drive your cat like that for know, hey if you need to post a pic of your cat, you can just photoshop the hood green since your the photoshop master...

·
Registered
97 Posts
LI5.0Cat said:
Well you were absolutely right......I went to a shop today and he quoted exactly what you said...$450.

Thanks man....
Do youhave a body shop that you workwith and can recommend, or did youjust hit a few local places here on the island? I have to replace my hood and was looking to find a shop that will work with me; maybe even have a decent imagination and a little creativity!

Ira

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
you also have to remember there going to have to blend into the fenders also to make it look right. If there going to blend as well as paint the hood that's a steal. I am in the middle of painting my whole car in school right know costing about 400 bucks 03 cobra yellow or zinc yellow is what it's called it's about 230 for a gallon at the body shop supply here in salina. paint code is b7 if anyone is intrested. TO hell with lazer red tri-coat

1 - 16 of 16 Posts