TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....the other day i come outside to find my Cougar with the drivers window smashed and the stereo gone. In the process they wrecked my dash pretty bad. I also have damage to the window trim from where they were prying with some kind of screwdriver.
So....Now i have to get two estimates before the insurance adjuster contacts me. With the damage inside and outside the car where would you go to get estimates? Ford Dealer?.....

Eric

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Where in Green Bay do you live? My GF lives in the ghetto up there by Mason and Main St. by that Mall. I couldn’t believe the neighborhoods are as bad in some areas down here in Milwaukee. But yeah see if you can get a quote with Ford...Mo-money!

Hope everything works out for you,

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well, I'd say go for the dealership first. They're pretty good for a high estimate. Then look at someone a little more small scale. It's been a while since I've been up that way so i forget who to go to. Call the insurance company and see if they have some recommendations.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where in Green Bay do you live? My GF lives in the ghetto up there by Mason and Main St. by that Mall. I couldn’t believe the neighborhoods are as bad in some areas down here in Milwaukee. But yeah see if you can get a quote with Ford...Mo-money!

Hope everything works out for you,

I'm about a mile from the Main/Mason intersection. I have extra coverage on my insurance for the stereo on top of comprehensive. Repairs i'm needing...
Replace C.D. player
New window----replaced yesterday.
"Window adjuster"?
Drivers side window run.
Dash....Ouch!!
Plastic surrounding radio
That's the main things i'm concerned about.

Singin' like Elvis......"In the ghetto".

My car was doing everything he could to tell me he was being broken into...When i found him the hazard flashers were on and the power locks were locking and unlocking over and over.....He was crying for help.:(

I pulled my entire system out and nothing's going back in until i have an alarm and a garage to keep my car in.....Yeah...it sits outside....Sigh.

That poor bastard must have really wanted my C.D. player......Losers..

Eric

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
What color is your dash? I have all dash pieces in black for a 94-96 MN-12. From the door locks to the shifter console....

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well.....color really isn't an issue as i'm going to be repainting the "wrap around" plastics on the dash soon. I'm gonna wait to get my estimates before i do anything.

Thanks,
Eric

.....Oh yeah....My dash and plastics are grey...

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Well if you need that center dash piece where the radio and A/C is located let me know. Good luck on the estimates!

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
i wish these guys would realize that when we install a radio, if they want to steal it, just pull it out.... you dont need to take apart the dash!

a friend of my bosses got an 05 eclipse.. someone smashed the window and stole... get this.... the window switch panel...... sadly.. it was at the same apartment complex i am moving into friday... didnt get this memo until i already signed the lease.

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
Ouch.

I'm really hoping that nobody messes with my Cougar. I've heard about the high crime rates in this city, and I've already seen some really bad neighborhoods. My car has the factory alarm and it's always armed, but I'm just waiting for somebody to break a window and yank the CD player.
It's annoying that low lifes go around and take whatever they want.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I seem to remember reading in the manual for my 93 LX that the 'alarm' goes off if someone yanks the ignition cylinder only.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
it will also sound if the car is unlocked from the inside when it is armed, i believe. so if they smash your window, unlock the car... BEEEEEP BEEEP! lol.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I believe the door and trunk lock cylinders have tamper switches as well. At least that's what the schematics for the 97 showed when I was looking into it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts