TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
That place is nothing to brag about, mostly FOX bodies, some T-Bird owners, and some Mustang owners. If you want serious technical info, for the most part stay away from there. Besides the Bird and Cat are so similar it really doesn't matter if you have a Cougar specific forum.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Don't rely on that forum. Dr. Frankencougie has posted a bunch of threads from that forum that are extremly funny. Most of the regular posters there do not have a clue as to what they are talking about. Stay here.

Preston

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Yeah I think I'm gonna go there for a good laugh right now, and so some people with Fox body T-Birds can tell me things about my car.

·
Old Fart Racing Team
23 Posts
goodmorning people i'm not going to start flaming so please don't treat me as a flamer.. ;)

but i do have a couple of questions ..

for the most part stay away from there.
why?

Don't rely on that forum
and why not?

Most of the regular posters there do not have a clue as to what they are talking about.
but no one knows what they r talking about
is that right!!!
just how sure of that are you?

QUOTE]Yeah I think I'm gonna go there for a good laugh right now, and so some people with Fox body T-Birds can tell me things about my car.[/QUOTE]
really!! :uppoint:

i'm part of that forum and most of what i reply to are Technical posts..
but i allso do some goofing around on that forum thats why i goto that forum and i have met a lot of nice people from aroud the country "in person" from that forum.. in fact one person from NJ came to NY yesterday and just left about 2 hours ago to hang out with me and someone else that owns a cougar here in NY for new years eve..

and next week the same guy is coming back to NY with someone from VA to hang out with us NY cougar owners now i think thats damm cool..

sorry i got off the subject a little so back to what i was saying..

i'd like to know if there is anybody on this forum that mite know who i am and if they think i'm one of those people that give out invalid info..
i like many other people on that forum i have ton's knowledge stored in my brain that i love and im glad to share and hope to educate some of the people that lack the knowledge about these cars "cougars/Tbirds"

and yes some of us do have diffrent opinions.. does'nt every one?
and some times when someone is wrong they are corrected on thier mistakes.. i have bin corrected before..

i know i'm not perfect either
but what i do know is my spelling sucks.. and i know that..
so sorry about some of the misspelling

diffrent people are more knowledgable about diifrent things. everyone on that forum trys to help to thier best knowledge..

happy new year
and have a nice day

Administrator if you would be so kind to chance my "newbie"title to "Old Fart Racing Team" if you can :)

nick "aka"tree hugger

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
Some prime examples...

"oh yeah, after looking into things a bit more, im 100% sure im gonna turbocharge the cat now"

"ive been learning a ton of performance tricks i never knew before. especially since i had zero experience with heads. now i know about grinding valves and proper porting. hell said its not uncommon to get a 5-8% increase just from messing with the valves and guides"

Book Smart

"Your motor WILL hold up as long as you don't beat the **** out of it every five mins. And keep an eye on your fuel condition (rich or lean) with a guage.
It's a cool idea. I'm thinking about twin turboing my 3.8L '89 Thunderbird. That would be fun

i tossed a bottle of the 104+ octane boost in to see how it would effect her. seemed to have some problems ingesting it at first, but now it seems to run bolder and a tad deeper sounding

More fun with cars

i plan to port (cut out the crossbar) my MAF which should increase airflow to the engine, and then to counteract the slight lean A/F ratio that the porting will create im going to flip it upside down so the sensor gets the higher airflow at the bottom of the tube.
MAF Gutter

I have never seen so much misinformation regarding the MN12 platform as I do over there but I must admit I do find some of the posts very funny. I'm not saying it's a bad site considering they deal mainly in Cat's and some of the guys there seem to have a clue but I gave up trying to help over there after the Turbo post from hell when Whildnerd went off like he designed the 4.6. This site (TCCOA) also has it's share of knuckleheads as well so I guess you have take internet info with a grain of salt. Blown306CougAr, from what I remember your post were right on mark but you should at least spell Cougar right. ;)

-Scott

·
Registered
589 Posts
From what i have seen and heard about that forum is that the MN12 info just plain sucks. But the fox body info is great. But going with what Scott said, those guys shouldn't spread misinformation. It's just not kosher. I would say more, but it is 11:30 on 1/1/03 and I have a small hangover........ Happy New Year and no harm meant to you Blown306Cougar, I mean couger...;)

Preston

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
i donno about you guys... but there is misinformation on this forum also... I personally goto Cougarnuts for the crowd, and to shoot the ish around... just like I do on here.... I can't stand talking shop 24/7.... There are some good people over there... The diehard techie forum is without a doubt mtcforum... Its good to have a variety of forums...Gets a little to serious at the MTC forum sometimes tho... I find it hard to get personal over there because everyone takes information over there very seriously, which is a good thing. I can rely on them when I need a serious answer to a technical issue... I'm also sure that MTCforum would never want to have a board like our misc forum there... It would be useless clutter there... Its nice to have a forum where you can just unwind and be yourself... 95% of my posts are in the Misc Forums here... I prefer TCCOA overall because its a happy medium and very well rounded, there is still good technical info, good bs'n in the misc forums... and definetly some cool people to which ive built many friendships... All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.....

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
WHO GIVES A FLYING APE S**T

I visit BOTH forums..
I read BOTH forums..
I post at BOTH forums..

BOTH FORUMS HAVE Jack**ses
BOTH FORUMS HAVE Good Information
BOTH FORUMS HAVE BAD Inofmration

One has more "Fox Body" Techies
One has more "MN12" Techies

So... Its a "New Year" And Can we all just get along!

·
Registered
589 Posts
I think that the reason that people said what they did is so that people can look out. Here, when you say something stupid, you get corrected so that you don't spread misinformation. Over there, if you say something wrong, everyone agrees with you and then bad things happen. So it was more of a heads up before you follow there advice.

Preston

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
I have to agree on the fact that the Cougarnutz site is more of a club then a MN12 tech site and thats not such a bad thing. There is nothing wrong with hangin with a bunch of guys and gals who have the same passion for the Mercury Cougar and I can respect that. I think Cougress is hot as well.

Remember, Mercury was the god of Speed.

-Scott

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yeah I think I'm gonna go there for a good laugh right now, and so some people with Fox body T-Birds can tell me things about my car.
I really hope that was implied towards me...Im a frequent poster and moderator on Cougar Nuts and i have a fox bird...hmmmmm

Dr. FrankenCougie: I find it funny that all of your links are threads that are started by AtroXR7, and 1WLD BRD was talking about his twin turbo 3.8L, I agree both are stupid to try that, but thats not a full representation of the board, there is a few knowledgable people that do what they can to help

I persoanlly dont know a whole lot about MN12's other than the basics, I was actually registered here a while back and got flammed because i was a newbie trying to learn, that gave me a bad first impression of this board, so dont try to talk smak about another message board when many of you (not all, i chat with people from here) put off the cocky image and whatnot, sort of like alot of the cocky mustang owners do, in other words "dont act like your s*** dont stink"

Cougar Nuts has changed quite a bit since ive been there, it used to be alot more technical and alot less BS, but its still a fun board to rant on, make jokes, not have to watch what you say, its more of a community and family that shares the same interest like Dr. FrankenCougie said, you guys are welcome to visit and help with tech info, but we dont want the whole ordeal like when BirdySOHC came on and first post he start flamming, directing personal insults rather than trying to help

Just show us respect, we show you respect

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
i really dont know what else to say caz u guys mentioned everything that goesn on there ,
i just went to the mn12 bord on cougar nuts and people dont really know alot they do post wrong info and
most people that correct em r the people that post on here , there people here giveing wrong info but not for long caz some one will corect it i dont know everything but when i am not 100% sure i just say i am almost positive some one correct me if i am wrong happy new year guys
JP

·
Registered
425 Posts
I would be the "guy from NJ" that Blown306 is referring to. Yes I am mainly a fox techie, but do occassionally contribute to the MN-12 section. What you guys don't know is that cougarnuts was founded primarily as fox site by some guys who were on a shared fox tibird.cougar website who wanted to dedicate a messageboard strictly to fox cougars. Most get the impression the we are a MN-12 board probably because our admin owns the MN-12 you see on our opening page. But really most of the MN-12 owners on our site are new to CARS period. Especially our admin and the infamous AtroXR7. Reason why our MN-12 section "sucks" is because we don't have any MN-12 experts there. I am far from knowledgable about the MN-12 cars, but I seem to be one of the ones who at least gives an effort to research a problem through other sources to try and get an answer rather than leave the post unanswered. Wouldn't you want someone to do the same for you too?

The little bit that I do know and contribute about 4.6's is primarily what I've gathered from working the car myself, Dr. Frankencougies and Jordan Sypek's occassional tips and mostly the corral.net. I was considering joining this site to gather some info, but from what I had been told by Tbird232ci and other fox owners that tried to come here that you MN-12 "pros" weren't too welcoming. So now that this is finally out in the open, how about lend some of your MN-12 expertise to our site for the sake those who do listen and want professional help.

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
mercoug302 said:
I was considering joining this site to gather some info, but from what I had been told by Tbird232ci and other fox owners that tried to come here that you MN-12 "pros" weren't too welcoming.
There's really nothing to be afraid of as long as you don't spread misinformation, flame to much, or fail to use the search tool.

TBird232ci said:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really hope that was implied towards me...Im a frequent poster and moderator on Cougar Nuts and i have a fox bird...hmmmmm
Don't worry, it was :D

1 - 20 of 39 Posts