TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between the Cougar/Thunderbird 4.6l sohc and the Marauder 4.6l sohc which one has more hp and what are they. I believe that the Cougar has 205

·
Registered
635 Posts
Rich who told you that lie???? :)

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
maurder, the, at least what ive heard, crappy dohc motor puting 302hp and 318lb of tq, cougar has 205 and 280 if its a 96-97 otherwise its puting out 205 and 265 if its a 94-95

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
JoeyICU said:
maurder, the, at least what ive heard, crappy dohc motor puting 302hp and 318lb of tq
crappy? maybe compared to an 03 cobra, but even in the big heavy marquis it would hold it's own against any mn12.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
marauders are hardly impressive in the performance department. i've heard that they run low 15's stock with an ocassional high 14.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Here is the recipe to motivate a Marauder. Long tubes with and H-Pipe, 4:10's in the rear, a 3000 or better stall,and a really good tune and you will have a high 13 sec cruiser. It is a sh*t hot looking ride...just like our Birds...just need a little work.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
I can't believe you people are bashing marauders....... that's a shame...

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
im not bashing, thats what ive heard from some of the 4.6 peoples around me, the mach 1 and maurder insides are crap, IM NOT SAYING THEY ARE, im saying people have told me they arent like the old cobra stuff, but redone stuff thats weaker, i always thought they were just detuned cobra motors but i cant really say, and hi 14s low 15s is very impressive, thats a 4300lb car, and im sorry they are sexi, id own one in a second, they impress the hell out of me, more then any mustang

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
i'm not bashing marauders either. i like them. they look awesome and are quick but for the price i wish it performed better than it does. i'm sorry but 14.9 and low 15's doesnt impress me

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
its quick enough runing a stock 14.9, thats as quick as the accord v6, the new ones

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Actually the 94-95 4.6L was underrated and is usually dyno'd around 190 crank hp.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
u mean overrated? 94-97s are all rated at 205 hp. if it only puts out 190 crank hp, thats overrating it, if it put out 215-220 hp at the crank itd be underrated

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
wilson502 said:
u mean overrated? 94-97s are all rated at 205 hp. if it only puts out 190 crank hp, thats overrating it, if it put out 215-220 hp at the crank itd be underrated
yes overrated hehe oops.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
well it also lists town cars and vics aroud that time at being 190 and 265, so im not sure how they listed the bird as 205, its the same engine

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
JoeyICU said:
well it also lists town cars and vics aroud that time at being 190 and 265, so im not sure how they listed the bird as 205, its the same engine
...and a different computer, different exhaust...

·
Registered
178 Posts
The Marauder is not your everyday Grandma car. They're quick but also like 4200-4300 lbs compared to my 3960 MN12 w/ stereo junk added. (including my 150lbs body) and they are still quicker than our stock MN12s. I'd love to have one but not the monthly payment. I like the comfort and luxury of my Cougar but I still love Fox Body stangs. they're so fun to drive, but they don't have power seats and not as comfy to me, well our stang came w/ the GT seats so they're about the same. All ford cars w/ V8's rock

Clay

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
yeah my bad, 3 mufflers vs 2, the eec-IV, vs 96+eec-v

·
Registered
134 Posts
I drive both a '96 Tbird and and '04 DTR Marauder.
Stock with nothing done the Marauder EASILY runs 14.6 at 96 mph. That's with the spare in the trunk. One guy ran 14.3 with just 400 miles on his MM.
Check pics below when we hooked up with a bunch of Impala SS fanatics.

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/showphoto.php/photo/1548/sort/1/cat/506/page/1

I also owned the first Marauder sold in Memphis. Put 20,000 miles on her then traded for the '04 DTR last November. They are wonderful cars.

As usual, the car is under tuned from the factory. Car is not noted for low end torque, but I bought it for driving the highways and the torque and HP are there in the passing range when it's needed. Gets 24-26 mph on the Highway. Like riding on a leather sofa. Grips the curves like you wouldn't believe. They did some good tweaks for the '04 model and it's quicker, with a different transmission and shift points. I could go on and on but you get much more for your money with this car than any other car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts