TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I'm looking into buying a 68-70 Cougar. I have been doing some research on them, but, can anyone help me out with what models came out with a factory tac? I think the XR7's did, and maybe the Eleminators. I want one with a big block, bucket seats and console, and a factory tac. Any help and or pics would be great. Every place I've looked says that the 390's, 428 and 429 Cougars of the 60's ran a high 15's and a 16 flat quarter mile. That seems alittle slow. They arnt any heavier then the 442's or GTO's are they? And most of the HO motors in them ran mid 14's didnt they? Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

EDIT: I just read on http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/mercury-cougar/mercury-cougar-history.shtml that a 69 Cougar with the 335hp 428 did 0-60 in 5.6sec and the quarter at 14.1 at 103mph. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Um, don't know, but you could check some of the cars on www.cardomain.com they have some older Cougars as well. You can get some tips and such.

·
Registered
861 Posts
i would sooo kill for a 67 cougar! sucks though cuz i'm in collage and have no money, so unless someone would trade for a 94' i'm out of luck. you could go to barnes and noble though and look at book called american muscle car though, they give all sorts of info about older cougars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts