TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear tail lights and decklid reflector..

can one swap the one from '91 XR7 (and simular) to a '96 Cougar?

swap good looking for ugly ? (ugly beging the one on the '96 )

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
yup you can swap out any year, if youre looking for a complete rear tailight assembly i have one from my xr7, the one i currently have is from a 90 xr7, which in my opinion are the best looking ones

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah each to his own :)

like to me the '89/90's are nice.. but just too flat..

and the later ones with that `chrome' trim on the bottom just looks cheap and tacky..

Also i can get the 91 style rather easily :) so thanks for the offer thou :)

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i have the 94+ style on mine and pefer it. the 89-90 xr7 is pretty nice too. the regular 89-90 ls is ok if they clean and in good shape. it also depends what kind of look your going for

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
here's my cat's rear....i like how they have they look darker

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mn12xr7 said:
here's my cat's rear....i like how they have they look darker
see the '89/90 is a flat two demenisional version of the '91-93? style :)

I'll try to get a better picture maybe tomorrow or something

but the newer they got, the uglier they got, to me, this is of the '96 Cougar i may end up buying..

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
yeah the 89-90's are flat...
you know i think the chrome pieces on the 94-97 tails can be taken off and like that they look alright. I remember seeing a black cougar without the chrome trim and it looked cool, other than that yeah i agree with you, i wouldn't put them on my cat.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mn12xr7 said:
yeah the 89-90's are flat...
you know i think the chrome pieces on the 94-97 tails can be taken off and like that they look alright. I remember seeing a black cougar without the chrome trim and it looked cool, other than that yeah i agree with you, i wouldn't put them on my cat.
Well yah.. thanks for the pic above, it does looks better with out the chrome piece.. but still too red for my taste.. i just needs more breaking up like th earlier does with the darker lines..

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
like i said its depends what look your going for . i persoanlly like the 90 xr7 as well but i wouldnt want it on mine

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
jk89cat said:
like i said its depends what look your going for . i persoanlly like the 90 xr7 as well but i wouldnt want it on mine
the tails you got go very well with your cat, it does make it look very cool

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well yah it's all a personal taste thing.. and Also what does go good with the car..

Put i'm stilll sticking with the '91-93(?) being the best of the group :D

·
Resident Line Creator
1,874 Posts
I would have to agree that the 91-93's look much better IMO. I have an 89 LS, and couldn't stand the silver strip at the bottom that was peeling and flaking off, plus it being flat. So I bought some 91's for it. I have an extra set in my room that I am going to tint and then put on. ;)

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
This thread inspired me, so I removed mine. I think it looks much better.

Those bumps on the trunklid are "speed bolts". My mechanic installed them because he said it would make the car go faster.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Without that chrome piece they look like a mroe red version of the '89/90 style :)

Also i'm still working on the sale of that one green car.. trying to talk them down 1g :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts