TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guys that have parted out some cars lately... any idea if a sunroof assembly from a 1996 Cougar will swap into a 1996 Thunderbird, both with factory installed sunroofs? I know the headliners are different due to the longer roof of the Cougar, but I can't recall if they changed the sunroof assembly due to that.

Thomas

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! Just to clarify, I'm talking about the entire assembly, not just the glass. I was thinking it was the same up to 1996. Thanks for the help!

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
This would be interesting, if you decide to go ahead with this take some pictures and post info.

edit, missed the part where he said both with factory installed sunroofs.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
This would be interesting, if you decide to go ahead with this take some pictures and post info.
There really isn't all that much up in that roof if ya look. Just the motor and two cables, the glass, and that's about it.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Thomas, looking at the parts catalogue, the 1996 Cougar pieces are all T-Bird numbers (mostly 1989), so it should be no problem other than the headliner you already mentioned.

cheers
Ed

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ed!

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Who would you guys recommend for headliner material?

I need to redo the Black Cougar soon... I'd hate to be redoing it again in a year, lol.

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts