TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and didn't see it posted, so I'm just letting everyone know there was a 4-5 car shootout in Muscle Mustangs this month. 12 sec 1996 cougar on nitrous with mods listed. Others were turbo\super coupes. First time I had picked up the mag in a few years(since my stang days) Pretty lucky find. I'm going to post this in the turbo/super coupe sections to let the guys know.

·
West Virginia Chapter Director /, MA Drag Race Te
2,643 Posts
Thanks Guys!

It would Be good to get hold of MM & FF and let them know you appreciate seeing such articles in the magazine.

Give them more incentive to have more like this and maybe get more participation.

It was a fun day. Just goes to show how far you can get on a stock internal motor with bolt-ons, and single power adder car. Too bad I had issues or you likely would have seen better numbers.

Thanks again for the nice comments.:)

·
2,643 Posts
Thanks!!!

:)

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
3692 lbs with driver-that's a tad on the lightweight side.
My car's at just over 3650 without driver,and I'm running an aluminum block. How much does that hood weigh,and where else have you cut weight out of that car?
JL

·
2,643 Posts
Johnny Langton said:
3692 lbs with driver-that's a tad on the lightweight side.
My car's at just over 3650 without driver,and I'm running an aluminum block. How much does that hood weigh,and where else have you cut weight out of that car?
JL
Johnny, Nothing has been cut out of the car. The hood has been on the car since it was weighed last. I think those scales were off at least 50 lbs or so. I did not have any gas in the car when I ran it across the scales and almost had to push it back to the truck before I got back. I put 5 gallons in it at that time.

I can assure you and anyone else nothing has been removed from the car and it was run at full weight and full interior. As for the sound deadner and so on, its all still in the car. Its a driver and I'm not cutting on it.

Everything else is just as it has been. Last time it was weighed it was 3760.

Go figure!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Personally your motor only times were really quite impressive when looking at your mods and full weight car. Can you elaborate a little on running motor only(ie:best time, shift rpm, daily driver habits??)

Thanks

·
2,643 Posts
icprey said:
Personally your motor only times were really quite impressive when looking at your mods and full weight car. Can you elaborate a little on running motor only(ie:best time, shift rpm, daily driver habits??)

Thanks
The car ran a best of 13.3 @ 102.3 on the Stock cast iron block, Stock PI head, PI cam and Bullitt Swap. That was also on 26" drag radials.

The car ran low 13's up there at 99-100 MPH on the 28" slicks on the motor. The shift points set by Jerry on the SCT tune are around the 5800 RPM range.

I run the car quite a bit in the summer time, not nearly as much in the winter time but do still pull it out and drive it 1-2 times a week if the weather permits. Needless to say it aint worth s*it in the snow. Its still a very good daily driver, still cruise with the AC / Stereo on, still has all the power accessories as well. This past spring when I went to Joel Benders Funeral I drove the car down to Charlotte and back and got right at 21.6 MPG on that run on the highway at normal highway speeds.. I had a passenger with me that can vouch for that.

I hope that answers your questons.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
1MTNCAT said:
Last time it was weighed it was 3760.
That sounds about right then-that's right around where my car is without a 'glass hood.I need to go weigh it again since the VFN hood is on it now..
JL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts