TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were to have the full drivetrain from a 95 SC, and I wanted to swap it into a 94+ Cougar... What would be the easiest year and engine combo Cougar to get to do this? The DIS I know is an issue for the 3.8L's, what year did that start? Any help appreciated, just tossin around an idea.

-Joel

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
The easiest would be a California Emissions 3.8L NA 94-95 Cougar. Second easiest would be a 96-97 3.8L NA Cougar. Both of those came with DIS from the factory.

-Rod

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
I think DIS started appearing in 94-95 on some 3.8's (maybe Cali emissions cars?). I know I've seen a few 94-95 MN-12's that had 3.8's and DIS, but the majority weren't. All Cougars/Birds with a 3.8 had DIS by 1996.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good Rod, thanks. Is there a ton of rewiring to be done with this? What am I looking at for the engine swap? Also, if this happened to be a 5spd SC, would I be in more trouble?

-Joel

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
Joel,

If you're starting with a DIS equipped 3.8L NA car, there really wouldn't be all that much rewiring involved. Installing a 5-speed would be just like doing a 5-speed swap (not too difficult at all).

-Rod

1 - 5 of 5 Posts