TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was posted on another forum:

1990 Mercury Cougar XR7... with a 5-speed and only 16,000 Km (9,900 miles). Only 841 produced with the 5-speed in 1990, and only ~3,000 in total over 1989 and 1990. 210 horsepower and 315 lb. ft. out of the supercharged V6. Oh, and like the Thunderbird of the day, independent rear suspension for all the snobs out there :p

I freaking want it, but they are asking something like $15,000 for it if memory serves correct, lol. It's been there for a while...:beer:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
[Expletive Deleted] I want that car so bad... :tongue:

Too bad I would have to sell my Mustang, my F-150, and my Thunderbird to be able to afford it. That, and its in Canada...

That car is basically a new version of one of my favorite MN12 variants... I hate being tempted.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I've seen that car in person, and i believe it's owned by the owner of that one Ford Dealership. and it's been up forsale for well over an year now i believe. i would be tempted if it was $6-8,000, MAYBE;)

I remember going inside with a salesman, while looking at '10/11 Fusions with the wife, and as he went to get some details for us. while i was walking around it, the salesmen comes back and starts talking about it, told him i seen it for sale online and that i own a '89 XR7 and '91 XR7 and then he asked if i wanted him to get the keys to open it up.. :) (yes it was locked inside the show room) it's very clean EVERYWHERE!

Also since it's over 15 years old, it should be able to be imported into the USA :)

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the coolest trait to the car in addition to it's miles and condition, FACTORY Canadian car manual seat belts!
ahh yes, the greatness of that huh? :)
I'm SOOO happy they didn't need those motorized/passive? Seat belt BS up here in Canada

·
Super Moderator
7,490 Posts
Looks to be an 89, not a 90. The HVAC control buttons are silver, which was only done for 89. In all 90-93 cars they were black.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Looks to be an 89, not a 90. The HVAC control buttons are silver, which was only done for 89. In all 90-93 cars they were black.
nope it's a 1990, says so on the door jam, also if i remember correctly, black interior wasn't a option in '89 for all MN12s it was only a '90-93 option
and just to add, maybe this is only a Canadian thing?
and i do have a 1989 Mercury Cougar Brochure that i got from the original owners of my '89 XR7, and didn't have a Black interior option Cloth or leather

·
Super Moderator
16,821 Posts
I've seen tons of 90s with the "bright" HVAC, it seemed to be a midyear change when they went black. Same case with the speedo(different odo design) and gauge bezel (grey to black).

I never realized it before but it's true, ebony interiors were indeed only 90-93 according to my brochures. I guess it makes sense since the Fox interiors didn't have black either

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Man if only I could get my hands on that rear glass trim and the 1/4 windows! Not worth 15k though :D;):tongue:

·
Super Moderator
11,915 Posts
[expletive deleted] I want that car so bad... :tongue:

Too bad I would have to sell my Mustang, my F-150, and my Thunderbird to be able to afford it. That, and its in Canada...

That car is basically a new version of one of my favorite MN12 variants... I hate being tempted.
Language please... :rolleyes:

If you really want it make an offer. Personally, I don't think it's worth more than 10K.

·
Super Moderator
11,915 Posts
I was looking at that thinking the speedo goes past 180?! Then I remembered I was being stupid again...
LOL Yea, that's the other problem with it being a Canadian car ...

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Don't you know that we drive faster up here in Canada? LOL I drive 110 on the highway...

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Don't you know that we drive faster up here in Canada? LOL I drive 110 on the highway...
Im going to drive upto Canada and drive where my speedometer says 110...

Thats what I will tell the cop when he pulls me over... :D

"The sign said "100" officer!"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts