TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i sent an email out regarding the need of a 93-98 markviii torque converter and flex plate and i got this quote back from a junkyard in PA. i live in OH.

"PARTS NEEDED:
torque converter and flexplate from 93-98 markviii"

junkyard's response:
"WE HAVE YOUR PART!!!!
$95.00 SHIPPING INCLUDED FOR THE PAIR."

is this too cheap? is there a misunderstanding? am i gonna get ripped off?
thanks
rob

·
Registered
610 Posts
chilipepprflea said:
i sent an email out regarding the need of a 93-98 markviii torque converter and flex plate and i got this quote back from a junkyard in PA. i live in OH.

"PARTS NEEDED:
torque converter and flexplate from 93-98 markviii"

junkyard's response:
"WE HAVE YOUR PART!!!!
$95.00 SHIPPING INCLUDED FOR THE PAIR."

is this too cheap? is there a misunderstanding? am i gonna get ripped off?
thanks
rob
I would be very leary of using used parts like a torque converter. As you have absolutly no idea what kind of trash may be in it. Pricewise I'm not sure but may be right on the mark...

Jim Long

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought the advice to get a markviii torque converter was to get a used one for 250 with the flexplate. i thought i had heard of that happening. guess i was wrong. thanks for always answering my questions jim.
rob

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
you can get a NEW TC and flexplate from ford for $200. $95 used sound right, but like he said, TCs are like underwear, it's one thing you don't buy used. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm sorry i dont know much about it. you can get a new mark8 TC with flexplate (like i said i dont really know what i you need) for $200? even if i'm not a TCCoA member?

haha, used underwear. like a "crappy" road. potholes and skidmarks everywhere.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
chilipepprflea said:
i'm sorry i dont know much about it. you can get a new mark8 TC with flexplate (like i said i dont really know what i you need) for $200? even if i'm not a TCCoA member?
no, $200 is the price if you are a TCCoA member. However, I bet you could join the TCCoA, buy the Tc and flexplate, and still spend less than if you bought the TC and flexplate without the discount.

also, Dan is the Man....I've heard amny stories of him shipping parts "next day" for the same cost, simply because you ask, taking back items no questions asked, etc.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Trouble is, unless you see the miles on the car it came out of, no telling how close the TCC is to worn out, and unless you have nothing else to do, dropping the tranny a 2nd time isn't worth the hundred bucks you saved.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
T/c AND flex plate....

The Flex plate should run about $80, and no big deal, but the T/c will run $200-250. but there usually is a core refund when you turn in the old T/C to your Ford parts guy,.. and thats about $50....Very important is to lay out the xtra 12 to 15 bucks for a new seal for the tranny,and put it in when installing a new t/c . If you dont, and a couple miles down the road it lets go ,you will hate yourself when you are ripping evrything apart again...LOL

·
Registered
621 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Where in Ohio do you live?? I know when I bought my TC and Flexplate..I paid $185 for the TC and $50-$60 for the flexplate from the dealership with a %15 discount---that they give me everytime I walk in the door now. Also, there's a $65 core charge for the TC........basically, you'll get $65 back when you return your old TC.

With something like this........don't go used..............you just can't trust that it's in A1 condition.........and for the price, spend alittle more for new----at least you know it's not trashed.

Slowride

·
Registered
748 Posts
That was what I roughly paid....WITH the discount. I'd plan for at least $200 for the TC and about $60 for the flexplate if I was you. I know this is alittle bit-o-money, but at least you'd know you have good parts on the car.

Slowride

1 - 15 of 15 Posts