TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was wanting to know what parts are required to swap to the mustang suspension set up? also the PI swap....can i swap a complete PI engine and put my 95 intake back on or is it different? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
i dont know about the suspension deal, but it would be pointless to swap in a PI engine and put in the 95 intake manifold back on....it would make a little more torque down low due to having PI cams, but its still gonna choke at high RPM, so no HP increase

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well what i meant about the suspension was going from the 4.25" bolt pattern to the 4.50" bolt pattern.....i know they are not the same platform as i have both a mn12 and a fox.

·
SuperNewbie
2,869 Posts
Search "hub swap". I'm not an expert, but I believe that you need the rear hubs from an 03/04 cobra mustang, and the front hubs from a 94-04 mustang(someone please correct me if I'm wrong here). The Cobra ones are important because they have IRS too. Regular mustangs have a solid rear axle, so no help there.

As for the PI engine swap, Guitar Maestro is right. Skip the 95 intake. You can use the PI stuff but you have to swap out fuel rails from a 96/97 t-bird as well as some wiring and vacuum hoses. Search for "PI swap" or maybe "96/97 conversion".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts