TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I haven't been here since my brother totaled my SC in 93 :mad: (I've been lurking though) I finally got myself another mn12 in the form of a 94 xr-7 with a 4.6.
I've been reading that the hot setup is the aluminum exploder motor, so I picked one up, actually out of an expedition, so my first question is what parts from my original engine do I need to swap on to my new engine ? (I know the obvious oil pan, front cover ect..) can I use the injectors from the expedition ? how much is the complete intake (with all sensors and tb) coil packs and injectors worth? (I want to sell them on e-bay or if someone makes me a reasonable offer) what PI intake gives you the best bang for the buck ?

any help would be great, Thanks in advance
Ron

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Welcome.. I've never heard anything of swapping an expedition motor, but shoudl be the same thing(except for the aluminum block, right?!). I would say use the injectors from the cougar, if I am right, the injectors from the expedition have different harness, so not unless you would like to splice your harness, then go for it. I use almost everything out of the exploder engine, the rest that I did not use, I could not sell it on ebay.. Good luck..

Israel

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply, it's an aluminum block for sure, I was thinkng that the injectors were different, any body have an idea on the value?

·
Registered
281 Posts
fubar107 said:
well I haven't been here since my brother totaled my SC in 93 :mad: (I've been lurking though) I finally got myself another mn12 in the form of a 94 xr-7 with a 4.6.
I've been reading that the hot setup is the aluminum exploder motor, so I picked one up, actually out of an expedition, so my first question is what parts from my original engine do I need to swap on to my new engine ? (I know the obvious oil pan, front cover ect..) can I use the injectors from the expedition ? how much is the complete intake (with all sensors and tb) coil packs and injectors worth? (I want to sell them on e-bay or if someone makes me a reasonable offer) what PI intake gives you the best bang for the buck ?

any help would be great, Thanks in advance
Ron
fubar107 said:
so my first question is what parts from my original engine do I need to swap on to my new engine ?
None if its a complete engine w/ accesories...might want to mock the motor together before you plan on putting it in.
fubar107 said:
can I use the injectors from the expedition ?
Injectors are injectors, just be sure your tuned to use whatever type your going to use, and your fuel line hook up. Is it return or return-less style?
fubar107 said:
how much is the complete intake (with all sensors and tb) coil packs and injectors worth?
Depends how many people need it. Fair price $100-250
fubar107 said:
what PI intake gives you the best bang for the buck ?
Don't really recall too many options out there but the stock one with AL crossover. Thats your best bang for the bank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts