TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) I assume the answer is "yes" but...Is it always recommended to put on new swaybar endlinks when upgrading the swaybar?

2) I gonna be putting on the 89 SC swaybars this winter, hopefully, and was wondering what swaybar bushings are recommended. Stock SC or aftermarket? Anyone have any experience with those from Summit/Jegs that have a zerk on them to keep greased?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Endlinks are cheap. If your car is lowered you want shorter endlinks anyway, and endlinks (at least the ones I bought) come with new bushings generally poly ones.

Get aftermarket Polyurethane bushings (the correct size for a 1989 SC), they'll make the sway bars just that much more effective and they'll last longer. If you can get brackets with zerks, that much the better. Though I greased mine when I put new bushings in and still have no problems with squeaks.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got the mn12perf poly's on my car now and they squeak only a month or two after greasing them. I'm not too hot on poly right now unless it's EASY to keep them greased.
Shorter endlinks....how do I go about finding or sizing those??

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I bought mine (the rear ones) from Supercoupeperformance:

http://www.supercoupeperformance.com/partBrowser.aspx?category=31

They work well. You'd only need the shorter links if your car is lowered. I don't think you need to worry about measuring them. It isn't an exact science. The average lowered bird is about 1.5 to 2.0 inches lower and the endlinks are about that much shorter.

I'd get the brackets with zerks if I could find em, they can't be all that expensive, and it would definitely make it easy to keep them greased.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought that Tokico hp set from Johnny V. a couple of weeks ago, so yeah, I'll be lowered about 1.25" according to research.
So do I just order endlinks based on length of that "shaft"? Mine are still stock getting the right thing is new to me.
I see the rear endlinks on the SCP site...what about fronts?

Yeah, zerk'd swaybar bushings are what I want.

·
8,239 Posts
I had no problems using the stock moog endlinks on my car.

Why spend the money. Also for a tokico drop you don't need the lowered endlinks.

I'd save the money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts