TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ran the car on July 16. Mid 80's and pretty high humidity. Car felt strong even though my runs weren't perfect (user error).

Run 1: Thought I was going to get to run a new Mustang GT, but got stuck running some kid in a VW Passat that was icing his (stock) intake manifold.

I didn't warm up the tires enough on this run at all and cut a 2.1 60'. Also toward the end, the back-end started breaking loose, causing me to coast for the last 75' or so. A couple cars that night did the same thing but kept in it with nearly disastrous results, and I wasn't about to go there.

Results of run 1
Me: 12.964 @ 100.97
VW Passat: 16.108 @ 83.12

Run 2: On this run I thought I was going to get to run a silver 03 Cobra that had just ran a 12.9. Yet, once again the track tech had other plans for me and I ended up running a turbo Lexus that popped and backfired at every shift. In this run I cut a 1.97 60', and still had some traction issues. I also left OD on.. Yeah yeah, dumb.

Results of run 2
Me: 12.666 @109.73
Turbo Lexus: 14.603 @ 81.05

There's quite a bit of improvement that can be made in my times as it sits, but I will be swapping to a smaller pulley on the vortech as well as changing out the tired rear. Oh, and I will get a better camera for recording, haha.

Edit: Couple Pics of the toys to add.

Pic 1

Pic 2

·
Registered
623 Posts
:) me likey!

·
Super Moderator
12,546 Posts
Ran the car on July 16. Mid 80's and pretty high humidity. Car felt strong even though my runs weren't perfect (user error).

Run 1: Thought I was going to get to run a new Mustang GT, but got stuck running some kid in a VW Passat that was icing his (stock) intake manifold.

There's quite a bit of improvement that can be made in my times as it sits, but I will be swapping to a smaller pulley on the vortech as well as changing out the tired rear. Oh, and I will get a better camera for recording, haha.

Edit: Couple Pics of the toys to add.

Pic 1

Pic 2
LOL at the kid icing his stock intake. Good runs. Any time you can cut a 12.6 in 80° Temps and high humidity is a good day.

To bad you didn't get to run the new Mustang. I'm really looking forward to the day I can run one of them or the new Camaro SS.

I guess these runs were with the Vorteched Bird 2? Do you have Meth injection on it? That would really help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts