TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
opinions on which is better for what and better ways to do them? I don't know exactly how cowl induction works, is it using vacuume?

I have a supercharged 3.8 so my engine probably runs a bit hotter than the norm, i'd probably go with cowl induction.

does anyone know what cowl induction does for aerodynamics of a car?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
heh..

Ram Air = ramming air into the intake while moving (i.e. pontiac firebird) = no performance gain

Cowl Induction = Vents in a raised portion of the hood, usually letting cooler air into the engine bay = might run a few degrees cooler when moving, but no real performance gain. It would also create more drag, depending on the shape and size of the cowl.

So you wont be gaining anything from them, especially since your car is supercharged

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i hear that because of the heat created while turbo or supercharging, cold air intake is pretty much negligable. what i should be looking at is intercoolers

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Intercooler would be the better choice.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
you already have an intercooler. Slap a Spal fan on that thing. flush the coolant, put in fresh stuff, remember, that idiot meter we all call a gauge aint designed by rocket scientists. If you are really concerned, get a "real" gauge, then you will know if you are actually running hot.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...well i might as well considering my temp gage doesn't work! :/ anyone know what might be wrong? i just got this car last night so i'm not too acquainted

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
You been over to sccoa??
I know there are plenty here that can help, but there are more SC/early XR7 discussions over there...do a lot of searching and reading.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
ok soo you gain nothing by getting one?? It lose alot of weight if u go with fiberglass... and when ur car catches fire the smoke has somwhere to escape... duhhhhhhh

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
If you go with the cowl hood, its 35-40 ponds lighter the then stock so your losing wieght off your front-end. Plus it looks better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts