241 - 260 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Is this a kit that will make the coyote swap easier....i am dropping a 2016 coyote into my 95 tbird
Ford Racing has a control kit for the 11-14 and 15-17 engines, for manual and the 6R80 now. Power By the Hour makes a 6R80 control kit, which is the one im using. There are a couple more but I don't know off the top of my head right now. Good luck!

there is no kit. too few birds with owners to care for any company.

ox, have you figured out how to command shifts faster on the new trans? if i'm not mistaken my 2014 f150 ha

I'm not doing any tuning right now. Its all in the hands of Lund Racing. I should be driving it very soon.

What is the expected 1/4 mile time on a coyote mn12?
This set up should put down 550 at the wheels. Next year I'm hoping for low 11s. Maybe a high 10.

Updates:

I've been working with Lund Racing the past couple weeks on the tune. Going very slow. Should be doing some light driving this week or next. Need to have the exhaust done, trying to schedule that in is a *****. Button up the interior and put the hood back on.

Might not finish this year, if I do I won't be racing or WOT around town. Hope to at least make it to a couple car shows. Looking to have things done Spring 2018 with the roll cage and body/paint.

I just got promoted in the military to E6 and deploying to the sand box next month. So not hearing from me until next year unless you're on the Tccoa Facebook group.

·
Banned
575 Posts
So jealous ...I watched your builds for years before I ever joined and have always hoped one-day I woulda seen you driving around se wi ...
I would like to thank you for your service and you and your boys are always in my prayers .

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #245
Thanks man appreciate that!

First drive of 2017 with the new set up. Supercharger, Fuel cell, coil overs and more. The first MN12 with a Supercharged Coyote 5.0. Still tuning the car, need the exhaust done, dyno and few odds and ends. Feels great to be back in a Thunderbird!

·
Super Moderator
11,920 Posts
Jealous.

Looks great man. Nice work with the photos.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
do you have a mark 8 rear seat?

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
Damn Josh, I'm speechless! Seats look great!
:zwthstpd: Looking good Josh, great job! :thumbsup:

Joe
Damn, seats look great, as do the wheels.
Speechless
Jealous.

Looks great man. Nice work with the photos.
Nice work Josh. She has a great stance. I'd love to see it in person. Thanks for sharing
do you have a mark 8 rear seat?
That looks awesome! Really shows off in what you've done. :)
Thanks guys, this was a long time coming. Never really got to enjoy the car when it had the SVO or Tork Tech kit when the motor was NPI and than a built PI motor. This would be the first time in 5-6 years I've actually got to enjoy this car, last year NA Coyote and now.

I went to a car show yesterday near Milwaukee to meet a fabricater who specializes roll cages and drag car stuff. He is going to weld up my side boom tube exhaust this week. Next year when I get back from my deployment he will make some subframe connectors and install the roll cage. Body work and paint to follow.

Drove to the car show while datalogging. My tuner asked for some 2500-5000 WOT pulls on the street. Man that was nerve racking, I was breaking the tires loose in 3rd. This thing is a beast and fun to drive. The Manuel rack steering is a little tough on slow turns but I can handle it.

When the exhaust is done I'll post a few videos.

Thanks again guys, I appreciate all the comments. Sorry for the delay.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I missed the part on the manual rack, did you convert to a different ratio, or are you just running no power steering?

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
I missed the part on the manual rack, did you convert to a different ratio, or are you just running no power steering?
Not sure on the ratio, but it's almost 4 turns lock to lock. This is a manual rack, made by Kaufman Products near Chicago. Not sure if they have any left, but they are made for MN12 FN10 cars with a thread started on SCCoA by Pro Street Rich. I've had really bad luck with power steering racks on this car. I've tried re-man racks from almost all the auto parts stores, rockauto and the last was Dr. Rack. The pump was original and the replacement was a re-man motorcraft. All the fittings and hoses were Gates or something of good quality. Always had leaks and whiny racks. Finally, just bought this manual rack and it's not as bad as people say in low speed turns. I have pretty good arm strength so I can handle it. I like it, works for me. My plan is, when I'm older and arthritic to make a custom 11-14 Mustang electric rack to fit our cars. My engine control kit already has the power plug in for it. But right now I'm happy with it.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
Just an update with the car.

I bought front runners and matching rear wheels for the drag strip, maybe this year or next year I'll make some passes at the track, who knows. Having some issues with the transmission, so until I get that buttoned up and a dyno tune I won't be at the track anytime soon. My metal fabricator for the roll cage flaked out on me. Trying to find a guy in SE WI that can weld up a roll cage. I bought an ice tank and mounted it to the trunk. The previous set up in the engine bay was not working with the stock T-bird coolant reservoir. I bought a Moroso aluminum tank and flexible universal radiator hose to mock the setup of a 2011-2014 Mustang GT. I found that I was having a hard time burping the air out of the coolant system for proper cooling. The new set up works better, plus I have a bigger JLT air filter and heat shield in place where the old SC coolant tank was.

Returned home from my deployment in May, Roger would call it an Air Force Vacation, haha. Went to United Arab Emirates, got to see a lot of cool stuff and the culture in another Middle-Eastern Country (This was my second deployment). My job was firefighting, as this is my civilian job at home too. Fun stuff, I'll post some pictures at a later time. I took over 6 thousand pictures and since May I've had no motivation to edit.

Busy with a lot of house projects, work and spending time with family. I put in a car lift in the garage, poured some concrete and you know the usual home owner repair-replace routine. I replaced my DD with a Ford Taurus, put some Mustang wheels on it, love the car.

Hope all is well with everyone, sorry I'm not on here as much. Drop me an email if you want to stay in touch. [email protected]

Pictures!

2nd Place at a Ford Car Show in Milwaukee

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
You sir, have an epic MN12.

:usa:

Also, I'm jelly of your new lift.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Ironically enough, I almost posted the other day to ask what your transmission woes are.

Awesome job with that car! One of my favorites.
D

241 - 260 of 265 Posts