TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any license plate lights that aren’t cracked or burned? I just replaced mine with new ones about 3 months ago and both are already ruined again. It looks like the bulbs are too hot.

I know it’s being picky, but I want everything to be perfect on the exterior if possible. And every time I open the trunk, I see them!

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Might try lower wattage bulbs to keep the heat down. Had the same sorta problems with the third brake light. Would get too hot and melted the sockets. hope this helps

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Am I Going Crazy?

Earlier today, wasn't there another post to this post that mentioned getting new lenses and going with PIAA LED lights?

If so, what happened to it?

Or am I just losing it!?!

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...

I thought I was imagining that post.... I do like the idea of the LED's, but they are about $20 per pair....

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just disconnected mine and put a neaon frame around it. No problems with that yet. Plus it lights up the plate nicly

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yeah where did my post go? lol Anyways, yes they are 20 bucks a pair, but keep in mind that you will never have to replace those lights again and LED's are far brighter and use less amps than conventional bulbs. I also went the neon route, but then I got pulled over hehe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts