TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it was bound to happen. After about 32 years of perfection, my dash finally cracked. Know of any way to repair, patch, or replace the dash. 90 SC with the sliding door on pass side of dash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is painful to look at! I fear that my '89 may do the same soon. May I ask if you condition the dash, and is it garage kept at all? I do whatever I can to keep this from happening besides breaking out a carpet dash mat... I once saw a video on YT where a man was doing a dash repair on a 90s Nissan vehicle. He literally took the dash out of the car, wrapped it in some plastic material, and used a heat gun to melt the material to create a new surface... It looked like a pretty big project!

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Magic Shade is your friend. It is a $15 sun shade, but it takes years of use to get the benefits out of those things. I started using them in all windows, which is a lot of work. If your car just bakes in the sun all year with no protection, your entire interior is basically "eff'ed".

Sun is wicked. My nice repainted black door edges turned from black to dark grey after only a year of working from home with the car outside.

Al

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
When I had my dash out I screwed up and put a small crack near the defroster. It's not very noticeable.. but still pisses me off because it was my fault. I mixed some gray and black RTV as close to the color as that dash, then put it in a syringe and filled in the crack. It looks a little less noticeable now but obviously just a quick touch up and not a real repair

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
^^I did the same thing to repair a wide crack in the side bolster of a T-Bird grey leather seat, mixed equal parts of black and grey Permatex. I sold the car a few months later, but it held up fine. I did it because it's flexible, and the crack looked horrible.

Al

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, it was bound to happen. After about 32 years of perfection, my dash finally cracked. Know of any way to repair, patch, or replace the dash. 90 SC with the sliding door on pass side of dash.
View attachment 46230
If you want to repair the dash you can call Just Dash they can fix it. It’s expensive to ship because it’s bulky.
call them and get a price.
Mike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts