TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys im still working on 1 of my 96lx .with 4.6 motor. car runs.......but with a mis...engine was steamed( not by me.previous owner) after that it all went down hill. this 1 has the 3inch hairline crack on the intake manny.(waiting for chriss to send me the newer intake manny.....so i can stop that leak......... i put new plugs(double pats).all the spark plug holes were filled with coolant...thinkn that would cause the mis...., new wires, blew out all the coolant reintall plugs.runs. fine for 1 min.........then i get in car. press gas pedal..mis occrs...:mad:.i took out plugs blew them out again,crank car (to get any other water out of hole. ) 2 out of 4 spark plug holes fill with coolant:mad:..............grrrrrrr so i think i have a craked head......i was gonna change the coil paks .at [email protected] i don't wanna do this rite now:confused:.....let me know guys. thx tony.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Ha glad I didnt buy that one - lol

is that the black one?
i have 2 blk 4.6s.....i had 3 lol. pick up ya celly, i just called ya........some 1 wants to gimmie a 93 lx,3.8....needs a tranny..i'll part it out.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
head gaskets

well i got the the nwer intake in this weekend(past).....bolted everything in filled the rad,overflow tank let in run......wow this runs good ......still had a slight miss.after 5mins of motor running i pressed on the gas a few times....mis got worse.like the car was running on 4 cyls.::eek:.gezzzz i thought i was lucky there for a min.grrrrrrrr i haven't checked the plugs. but i think 2 or more have coolant in them...meaning blown head gaskets.:(.....i don't think imma get round to it this year....it getting cold up here in ny. and my garage is filled with my parts,my aunts crap:mad:.....i was gonna do the headgaskets change but with 187k on the motor i might aswell put another motor in..........i wanna check the spark plugs for coolant to confirm my fears.......ova the weekend .....maybe i just put another motor in...let me know guys. thx tony.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sc motor

an sc motor n tranny...in a 96 lx?.....hmmmmm.that means all wiring ,eec,exhaust,and research:eek:..nah no thx.i have my sc already...i want my 4.6 to run:).....how bout u come down and pick dat part up that u need chriss.ha before i sellit for $20 lol.:D

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
96lx

after checking the spark plugs for coolant .....there's none...:confused: so..i've got the intake in new stat.coolant leak done,new wires,changed the coil paks..runs better still.has mis.hmmmm no cooalnt in oil, no white smoke after 30mins of running.still a mis.....so i afta put in on a scan machine to tell if my injectors are fireing.#4 plug has a misfire...so the scanner i go. will keepya updated.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
did you change the plugs? When my intake went it took me a while to finally get everything down pat. New wires and plugs fixed that problem. Did you ever just switch the coil packs from one side to the other, and rescan the codes?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
the plugs are fouled id bet dollars to donuts, sloping coolant over them a few times would be well enough to foul them out quickly, change them and your slight to hard miss should clear up, i think the other parts you put on it may have been un needed

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cracked heads

i checkedand cleaned the plugs(already new double plats)flushed out the spark plug holes(left out the plugs to get any coolant out by cranking motor till coolant and other debre was out) reinstalled plugs still a mis. i will put the car on a scan to check everything. im thinking my eec is shot. and not letting my injector not firing and the #4plug ark is arking almost through the boot. will get bak to ya.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
96 lx

my freind took the car to work with him 2 day.(ford dealer who has a silver sc ) put my car on the scanner.(labtop ) ...car runs fine.till under load...very little fuel pressure. so i changed the fuel filter......they chagned them,wow.what a pain in the azz to get them off.and they put braided fuel lines:eek: all in all the car still has a slight mis but now i can drive the car.no over heating, ildes fine,i put a few miles on it runs a lil better. my freind tells me that there was very little maintaince was done on this car so im starting all ova..:mad:.but atleast no cracked heads,no white smoke.:D will keep the updates.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
you need new plugs, they are fouled from having coolant run all in them

and go out and invest money in non double platinum plugs, do single post copper from ford, or single post platinum from ford, the double platinum they dont work so well with 4.6 motors, at least with my attempt in using them

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cracked heads

i scan for codes ,the scan says #4 plug wasn't firing right. i chaned all the plugs, new plug wire for #4 runs better but still a mis.after scan for more codes.scan says low fuel pressure so i changed the filter(the preveios owner didn't do any maintaince to the car plus reg fuel was used.so im thinking i'd run out the reg,then put 93 in and some seafoam to see what that would do. whats next?:confused:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts