TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal, one my gf's fathers car's is a 96 grand marqis. Yesterday is intake manifold cracked and started leaking antifreeze. I told him I'm 99% sure it's the same intake manifold used on the t-birds that crack and it's a common problem. Can anyone tell me absolutely that it's the same and all info in the archives will be valid for this car? The local parts guy said the whole kit for the updated aluminum manifold and the gaskets is about $400. Does this sound right? Any info is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
the intake is the same ... there are replacement manifolds out there for less, any of which will give the Merc a longer and more terouble free life... do the resaerch and good luck

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
95BLKLSC said:
The local parts guy said the whole kit for the updated aluminum manifold and the gaskets is about $400. Does this sound right? Any info is appreciated!
There are definetly cheaper alternatives out there, even the PI may be the cheapest way to go.

Dave

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info, I'm doing some searching right now. I'm just trying to find teh part numbers or some sources for an all aluminum manifold. If the pi is about the same price he might do that but he really dosen't care about performance (wife's car). He just want's a part that's not plastic at the best possible price basically.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
One point ;The upgraded manifold , PI, or NPI, is a plastic unit with an aluminun water crossover, not an all aluminum unit........anything all aluminum is 94-95, which have other issues such as how the TB is oriented and egr location/ hook up which is a pita .... or all aluminum competition stuff going for more than $600 and the $600 piece from performancesolutions.com hasnt been released for sale yet....

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I got an NPI with aluminum cross-over sitting here from a crown vic. If you are interested PM me an offer and we can take it from there. I was going to put it on e-bay but I am always willing to help a fellow TCCoAer out.

-Miller

1 - 7 of 7 Posts