TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 17" Cobra R replica rims (with the correct offset, etc) I bought used years ago. One of the set has developed a crack and leaks air, I had it welded once but it has begun leaking again.

1) What are my options for repairing this rim?

2) If I want to replace it, I don't have the company name who made these particular replicas and am wondering if anyone still sells them.

·
Registered
53 Posts
ok this may sound unusual ,, j.b.weld it... i did it on one of my rims i have on my truck and haven't had any problems with it..

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
ok this may sound unusual ,, j.b.weld it... i did it on one of my rims i have on my truck and haven't had any problems with it..
Find a certified rim repair company and please don't use JB Weld it's not worth your life.

·
Super Moderator
10,667 Posts
Dude, you realize that's pretty insane, right?

JB weld ain't gonna hold a rim together; you're amazingly lucky.

You need to replace that, asap. Having posted it here makes you liable if you kill someone.

·
Registered
53 Posts
yea,,, thought it out and removed it and had it welded,,, was only $75.. to get done...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got this rim welded a couple years ago and it cracked again at the same spot. So I took it back and the guy insisted on fixing it for free, says he never had a rim come back before after he welded it. I guess I will give him another shot at it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts