TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a Profile Mono-block driving a pair of Sony 12" Subs @ 2ohms. Power is taken from the battery via a 5AWG cable and grounded at the cross-brace at the back seat. Grounding resistance is neglible when checked with battery neg terminal.

The problem is there is always a few "pop" "crack" sounds whenever the system is shut down be it turning the stereo off or turning off the car ignition directly. Are there solutions to this problem? :confused:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
5ga is tiny first of all, I wouldnt recomend that.

But as for the popping, that sounds like a low quality amp.

You can also try moving your ground to another location and make sure the connection is BARE metal and clean, and tight.

·
Registered
490 Posts
....The popping is your amp turning on and off. What kind of head unit are you using? On my Kenwood there's a wire for "remote" lead AND there's another wire for "soft turn on" lead which gradually turns the amp on and off instead of "flipping a switch"....On my C.D. player the "remote" lead is the blue wire with the white stripe and the "soft turn on" wire is pink with a black stripe....If your C.D. player doesn't have "soft turn on" feature i don't think there's much you can do..but..get a new one:D

Erik

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
My Clarion and JBL don't do that. I'm not sure if it did with my old JVC unit I had a couple years ago or not. I paid $342 for my Clarion, so it ought not to. Doesn't on my friend's older Sony with a ~15 yo Coustic and ~3 yo Rockford amp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts