TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried selling my cavy on craigslist a month or two ago and got someone who was interested. I met her at a local gas station and she was planning to drive the car herself 30 miles to show her mom, like it wouldnt be a problem, I was like well no I have to ride with you since its my car, I dont know you, and for insurance reasons incase you wreck it.

She acted like she had the money and everything but then offered me a lowball offer and after I said no she started trying to make me feel bad like it was some charity that I should give the car for cheap just because she was trying to put herself through college and having 2 jobs. Said she would get the money for it, what I was asking for, and all this after I stayed up all day (I work nights) so she can come look at it. I never received an email since then, about a month ago, until now stating this:
Brittany K <[email protected]> wrote:

I appreciate you returning my numerous emails about the cavalier that you supposedly have for sale. If you're not interested in selling it then do me a favor and don't advertise it. People don't have the time to waste to come look at a car that you're not interested in selling.
:rolleyes:

my response was:
Look, you didnt have the money and were offering me some lowball offer and trying to make me feel sorry for your situation, which happens to be the same one I am in. I wasted my time on you coming and looking at it. I work nights, 12 hours a night which I have tried to explain to you numerous times. You didnt have the money and I was willing to wait on you. I could have sold it at any time but I was willing to wait on you. This is not a charity, im just not going to give you a awesome deal on a car.

I dont have anything to worry about since she doesnt know where I live. I just cant believe some people. Im pretty sure Im done with craigslist now. Ive had too many bad experiences with stupid idiots on there that it has ruined it for me.

·
Registered
484 Posts
i have never had good experiences with craigs list. people always ask if you want to trade for somthing that they dont want anymore and is worth less then what your selling, or they offer you half of the asking price. i know people are going to try and talk you down but i was sellin an 94 accord with bad brakes for $1000 (allready a good deal) and people would call me off the wall say i can bring $300 cash right now like it was some kind of a good deal for me. i mean come on

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
people suck.. it's hit or miss at times

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I've never sold and most like will never sell on CL. I'm too private of a person. I don't want people knowing where I live.

I have bought and been burned once.

I did find my '97 XR7 Sport 4.6 on CL. That is the best experience I had.:)

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
She's lucky she got you and not someone else. I'm not allowed to say much, but she might not be alive, or be in an even worse financial situation had she have picked the wrong car for sale ad.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She's lucky she got you and not someone else. I'm not allowed to say much, but she might not be alive, or be in an even worse financial situation had she have picked the wrong car for sale ad.
what do you mean by that? lol

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Piihb!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
My brother and I drove down to SC a month or so ago to pick up an 89 XR7 he found on CL. $500 and it had a knocking rod. But the car is actually pretty straight, and is pretty much rust free, which is what we were after. I think we got a pretty good deal. I've never bought anything else on CL, but I have bought a lot of stuff online through forums and such. Knock on wood; I don't believe I've been screwed over on parts to date.

-Rob

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
WHAT?!:eek: speaka de engleesh?
You lead a pretty sheltered life huh? :D Are you sure you should be on the internet by yourself? :rofl:

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
haha you guys are funny. Seriously be otchs always drive a cavalier here in AZ. I bought my 94 bird off craigslist from some very fine milf. What a great experience that was, she handed me an inch thick folder of documentation of work done since day one. The only thing I'm missing is the factory sticker. Also I tried buying a HU when mine was stolen and the guy was a total moron about selling it even though he agreed to sell it at the low ballish price(15 bucks less than he was asking) he refused to meet that day and said if I came a got it tomorrow it would be more. Total retard.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
well thinking of who craigslist is open to which is EVERYONE, you have to expect your going to run into idiots here and there.

i was selling a 94 tbird V8 that was pretty straight with normal rocker rust, and these 2 kids come by to look at it(maybe 16-18) and were all down to trade me a 91 ranger (which i looked into had a hole in the floor, tires too big and would rub, and a brushed on paint job....) they look at each other and at the rust holes and say "oh no big deal we'll fill it with bondo and throw a body kit on it yadda yadda" immediately in my head i was not going to sell them the car. too much time into it to have some dumba$$ ruin what i did to make it run nice.

but on a good note...i did find my current DD on there, my 95 mark 8 for $500:D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts