TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if a 94 crank from a romeo engine would work alright in a 01 cobra block, i believe the block is a windsor.
 

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
Joined
·
3,232 Posts
All modular aluminum blocks are Romeos..no exception.
JL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
4.6Rebuild said:
i was wondering if a 94 crank from a romeo engine would work alright in a 01 cobra block, i believe the block is a windsor.
Yes like JL said it is a Romeo - but why waste a cobra block on a 94 crank?

If you can't afford forged, karkraft.com has has marauder takeout cranks for $79.99 - they are nodular iron and are much stornger than Cast Iron.

As far as I know the marauder engine is identical to the 02 cobra with some cam tweaks for better low end so it should be an aluminum block. They are 6 bolt cranks also so you won't be limited like with a 8 bolt cobra crank.

You might want to doublecheck my info that it will work.


-Chad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,779 Posts
So what is te mark8 crank made of? And what are its power handling cap?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
CobraRThunder said:
So what is te mark8 crank made of? And what are its power handling cap?
cast iron - not sure

but I just hate to see an old pos 94 crank go into a cobra block :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the only reason i thought that the block was a windsor was because it had a w stamped on part of the block i didn't run the part# or anything. if i can get the marauder crank for that much and it is a 6 bolt them i will think about getting it. the only problem is that i have already had my 94 crank, pistons, rods and others already balanced. i was going to but it into a 94 iron block but i ended up getting an aluminum one after all for a decent price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
501 Posts
just put those pistons in the 94 block and save the aluminum one for a furture project or rebuild(put it to the side where it wont get dinged) of course the aluminum block is lighter, but save it

theres nothing wrong with a 94 block, the reason people get newer engines is because they get the whole longblock for a lower price and the rebuild price of an engine is about the same price as getting a used '99 GT mustang explorer engine etc.

now you have to decide if your going to get npi heads or pi heads, you probably can go with either one. but i think your c/r would be higher with the pi heads. but you could always get npi heads and a pi intake? hows that sound
 

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
Joined
·
11,719 Posts
281Sleeper said:
just put those pistons in the 94 block and save the aluminum one for a furture project or rebuild(put it to the side where it wont get dinged) of course the aluminum block is lighter, but save it
why?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
501 Posts
well his aluminum block is probably STD. , so why waste a bore? the pistons he bought are probably 25mm to 50mm

besides he doesnt have forged internals(well he didnt say he did),

So your suggesting for him to spend more money than he has to? just so he can say he has a aluminum block. doesnt make any sense to me



Thanks
 

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
Joined
·
3,232 Posts
281Sleeper said:
well his aluminum block is probably STD. , so why waste a bore? the pistons he bought are probably 25mm to 50mm

besides he doesnt have forged internals(well he didnt say he did),

So your suggesting for him to spend more money than he has to? just so he can say he has a aluminum block. doesnt make any sense to me



Thanks
83lbs of weight savings is enough sense for me.
JL
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top