TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm gonna start off by saying this. I am not, very mechanically savy. So with that on the table, I was replacing the Upper Control Arm on the passenger's side. I had trouble getting a bolt off because of wires and what I assume is fuel lines. So I disconnected a small black box nearby to open up some room, and after I finished, (and reconnected everything of course) the car refused to start. I had taken the car out before this so it did run normally. I do hear the fuel pump, and I'm inclined to believe that it could be a spark issue.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The only black box on the passenger sode I know of, at least on the 4.6 is the charcoal canister and purge solenoid...but doesn't have a real affect on the car starting.

You sure you got gas in the tank? Lol

·
Administrator
8,215 Posts
The little black box you're talking about, was it near the firewall and did it have wires attached to it? Sounds like you're referring to the wiring harness bulkhead. I've moved that out of the way and never had a problem. Did you double check to see if you tightened the bolt down on it? Did you disconnect fuel lines?

Joe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is gas in the tank, about a half a tank at that, and not to my knowledge, so I'll check that now that the sun is finally up. Ill update when i do thx :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, So I checked around today, and I'm getting no fuel pressure. but I'm sure I can hear the Fuel pump in the back. I also unkinked a small line after the fuel filter with no results. I also added a couple gallons last night as well. I am stumped

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
How did you conclude you have no fuel pressure? There is/was a kinked fuel line? Push the schrader valve open on the fuel rail and see if there is any pressure. Check the fuel pump inertia switch in the trunk.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That did it! Inertia switch! also I didn't have a spark from the bolt on that black box tightened down. My mistake, it was freezing rain and I was trying to get done as quickly as possible. So I've learned; NEVER RUSH! Thx a bunch guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts