TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting the PI intake/coolant tube/PI gaskets with RTV around the corner of the coolant runner, the coolant crossover drilled and tapped, a big ugly brass T to add the sensor to the heater tube, and driving it for 5 miles the night after completing it...nothing today. I tried to let it cool off last night so I could hose it down because there was coolant all over the place from whatever blew (I can't say for sure it was the plastic crossover, but it seems likely, but I can't find the crack). Since it didn't cool off last night so I could engine bright it, I waited until today.

Indications are: I don't know if the fuel pump comes on, I can't hear it, and generally I can hear it. Cooling fan is constantly one when the key is on. SATC is not set to AC or Defrost (it is set to off). Cranks fine, never starts. Tried partial throttle and full throttle (in case it is flooded) and not any better. I checked the inertia switch in the trunk, and it seems fine. I didn't get around to spraying off the engine with water/engine bright. I blew off the top end with a compressor to get the remaining coolant off of it, and used a coat hanger to get some paper towels out of the valley that I put in there to soak up some coolant and to make it obvious if the new nipple/coolant tube were leaking (and they aren't that I can tell). I have tried reseting the computer by leaving the battery disconnected for 15 minutes too.

I drove it around fine after buttoning it up. I drove it, parked it and checked for leaks, and checked that it had enough coolant. I then drove it again, not as hard as I wanted to (to try out the PI intake :) )but to get it up to full temp, then parked it and left the hood up to let it cool.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, the main indicators I see now are:
cooling fan on all the time when key on
no service engine soon light when key on
no fuel pump (I don't think)

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All fuses look good, I removed the PCM harness under the hood, and it looked good, when I put it back together it ran long enough for me to get 5 miles away from home then die. I am guessing it is something off that big bundle that goes behind the intake to the PCM, I need to try to re run it in a better place, it is different than before because the way the coolant tube is on the drivers side and not the passenger side anymore. I had to stop 3 times on the way back to the house and jiggle crap around until it worked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.