TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, currently changing my crank postion sensor.. and the compressor is in the way, do i really have to remove the compressor to get the old cps out?? my chilton book it retarded and doesnt tell me ****.

Thanks

-drew

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Ya I think you can just move it back if that is at all possible.When I did my swap I saw that there is no room unless the A/C compressor is ethier removed or loosend and moved closer to the shock tower.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well.. finnally got it all in about an hour ago... let it run, died in 15 min.. sigh... then.. restarted let it run, 20 min later it starts overheating.. maybe the fan got unplugged while we where putting in the CPS ... where is it located? if anyone knows.. let me know asap

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
The connecter for the fan is on the fan itself.Pressure test your cooling system for leaks.Change your Tstat and check to see if the fan is even engaging.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes the fan is turning on, i took the fuse out to make sure it wasnt the distrib box.. put back in.. it turned on.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Does the car act funny when it "heats up"???

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nah my father just put the thermastat in a pot of boiling water.. and nothing happened, he says the plunger should go up or down.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well.. just relized that the fan doesnt turn on unless i turn on the ac... could this have happened when we unbolted the compressor to get cps in... now the car overheats without the ac on... what should i do?

·
Registered
674 Posts
check your coolant temp sensor. the one that the computer uses. thats basically your temp switch that turns ur fan on and off... In my experience with the conditions you describe, at least 8 out of ten times it's that sensor... less than one in ten is a bad ECM... some cars (not sure about yours) have two or three seperate relays that also have to be good to run the fan... i would start with checking the temp sensor, then relays, then the ECM. Could it be possible that you unplugged a temp sensor and maybe forgot to plug it in? I've done that before, just a thought... good luck and keep us posted man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts