TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Are you sure you mean crankshaft because the crankshaft is at the bottom of the motor your heads are in no way connected directly to your crankshaft or were you talking about camshaft? if you are replacing the crankshaft Id take the motor out of the car but if its cam shaft you can do it with the motor still in its some things in the front of the motor you will have to remove intakes valve covers etc so you could have a clear view of the lifter valley at least thats what id be doing

·
Registered
207 Posts
well if you have it out youll have to take off the oil pan etc when you get inside youll have to take off connecting rods and all but I have never heard of having to take the heads off to get the crank shaft out

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
the crank only comes out from the bottom of the engine. Once you take the oil pan off you'll see ho it comes out. It's pretty simple.
-Thomas

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
You broke your crankshaft?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek: How in the hell do you break a crankshaft?

Are you sure you didn't melt a piston or throw a rod?

-Thomas

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My first motor the rod let go, and left a nice hole in the oil pan LOL. I was able to turn the crank, but it made alot of noices.

The crank is broken because I took the balancer off and turned the shaft and looked at the other side of the shaft, and it was not turing. I will try to get pics of all 3 motors. Yes I blown 3 motors, in the past 2 years. I am at motor #4.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Wow you broke an SC Crankshaft those are strong as hell what kinda power are you pushing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts