TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and came up with natta.:confused: SO, how do I correct my crappy trim problem around the quarter windows and the front/rear windshield. Its all faded and the coating is cracking.. does it have to be replaced or just repainted?
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
250 Posts
the one above the windshield and the two on the back glass are easy to replace and not very expensive, still available from ford. get them while you can, if anyone wants the parts numbers let me know because i have them somewhere. but with your quarter windows the only thing you can do is replace the window, the molding is part of the window itself.

·
Registered
251 Posts
What are the numbers? mine on the rear window are all cracked and faded, as well as the one on the top of the windshield. what did they all cost if you can remember?

·
Registered
250 Posts
ill look up the bill tonight and let you know tomorrow

·
Registered
798 Posts
96blubrd said:
couldnt the quarters just be painted?
I guess they could depending on the condition of the trim.

My trim is deteriorating pretty badly, it's all eaten away and everything. Also the chrome trim has become damage, so I'm set on buying used ones when I get the money.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I had my windshield replaced last summer and the upper trim piece came with it, i asked the guy if he would install the upper back trim piece if i ordered it if because he said he couldn't get it and it was under 15 bucks directly from ford, so if you guys are seriuosly paying 41 bucks from that website you let me know if you want them and i will go get them from my local ford shop and ship them too you and you still won't spend the 41 bucks. As far as the lower for the rear glass i haven't replaced it although i repainted mine with the bumper coating and it came out good but it doesn't have a shine like the upper piece, but it is made form different material. I can't stand the trim around the side mirrors, anyone know any tricks for that?? Or how to take the side mirrors off to make it easy access to repaint that piece?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts