TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I was coming home last night and as I was going around a corner I went to slow down because it was wet, when I did the back end of the car started to slide, I tried to correct it, but I ended up hitting a ditch on one side of someone's driveway, jumped that, and landed in the ditch on the other side. At first I thought the car was fine, as it had no outside damage and all the tires were inflated, but come to find out the radiator support was bent and so was the radiator, the top side of the radiator where the hose connects also broke off causing me to lose all my coolant. I have taken the radiator out and cleaned all the dirt off and the only thing that seems to be damaged is just the radiator support, obviously im going to have to get a new radiator, but how hard/easy is it to replace the actual radiator support?

·
Super Moderator
17,139 Posts
It's welded to the unibody, so not easy.

The good news is it's the flimsiest part of the car and not critically structural. It's very easy to bend and equally easy to unbend, the metal is thin and not very stiffened. I realized mine was bent upward and bowed when I installed my Cobra radiator, and I was able to make it square and true again just by stomping and jumping on it.

There's a brake line that runs underneath the support, you'll probably want to replace that too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts